For Sale FS: Shearwater Petrel 2 - Never been on a dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT4

Registered
Reaction score
I have had this for a couple of years now but I have never used it on a dive. I am moving further away from the tropical climate I like so I figure that someone else can use it better. I bought this new and upgraded it to the Petrel 2. I did cut the wrist bands back a bit but I don't think they are very short. The system info shows only 1 dive but I have never done any so it is likely just there by my handing it. I am asking for $700 delivered and insured for the asking price in the continental US. I may have the original manual and I will look for it but I cannot promise that. This unit does not have any external connections. I am currently in Miami but will be in the New York area soon in case you want to see it in person. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Features: 20080
Firmware: V29
Hardware: 2.4.0

** Price lowered to $600.

Last edited:
Why would a dive computer show 1 dive just from being handled?

It's likely the test dive at the factory.

Yes, I imagine the single listed dive is the factory test. Yes, I upgraded it to a Petrel 2. The price is lowered now to $600.

Yes, I imagine the single listed dive is the factory test. Yes, I upgraded it to a Petrel 2. The price is lowered now to $600.

"Petrel 2" is a specific Shearwater model. You can't 'upgrade' to it as there are physical hardware changes from the Petrel 1. Perhaps you meant you upgraded the firmware?

"Petrel 2" is a specific Shearwater model. You can't 'upgrade' to it as there are physical hardware changes from the Petrel 1. Perhaps you meant you upgraded the firmware?

Yes, I upgraded the firmware. It does boot up as a Petrel 2. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom