FS: New Double AL80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makin Raider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This set was put together back in December and has yet to touch water.

Luxfer AL80s Mfr'd in 10/06 last vis'd in 12/06
Highland Millwork bands Model #725
Halcyon 300 bar isolated Manifold.

Local only, please. $525

Photo_020507_003.jpg

Photo_020507_002.jpg

those are beautiful!

M: we could re-check with these?

Good luck in finding them a good home.

Tevis

My brother - beautiful tanks, seriously. Just the wrong tanks for most of SoCal. I think its gonna be a long road selling these locally.

I will gladly break these down, pack them up and ship these for you, should you receive legitimate offers from out of state.

Or, you may get some bites if you break them up and sell them as singles (I have two brand new K-valves I can sell you cheap, and locally many people dive single AL80's.) You could then sell the 'fold and bands as a package locally for the SoCal Steel doubles gang that is emerging.

Lets hook up soon and we can figure this out.

Just thinking out loud.

eBay Kenny
(AKA: Boxboy. I could just slap Jaye sometimes... :catfight:)

Definately not a local market here. The decision has been made to break them down and use one for the kid's second beach tank and the other for a future deco. The manifold on the future 130s and the bands to see if someone would be up to trading for two DIN valves. :) In a future post... unless you know someone...

I dunno about that. I'm not in the market, personally, but it is my intention to put together a pair of Al.80s to start learning doubles on. Not a huge amount of gas, 160 cf of gas (ok, ~155cf)) is nothing to sneeze at, it'll give me something to practice diving doubles on, it'll cost me pennies to get it going (by comparison), and all of hardware will easily transfer over to a pair of HP100s when I get the cash together to buy a pair of steel tanks instead and upgrade. Plus it has the added bonus of not requiring me to use my drysuit (tho I usually will anyway).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom