FS: Atomic Reg Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpyderTC

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am currently selling an Atomic B2 Primary (Gray/Black), B2 secondary (Yellow/Black), and Suunto D9 w/ Transmitter reg set. I am currently asking 1800 for the whole set. I used to work at a dive shop as a manager. I purchased this gear, and unfortunately i need the money more then the gear right now. It is never a good day when a diver results to this. I am wanting the sale to move quickly so i dont have alot of time to think about getting rid of it. I still have all the original boxes and accessories with these as well. Please either email me or call me. Please do not use my number for solicitation(s).

Taylor
435-840-5119

Please let me know what you think a fair price is for this set. They are hardly used and are in great condition.

Please let me know what you think a fair price is for this set. They are hardly used and are in great condition.

thats a tough question to answer. being that you were a "manager of a dive shop" should we assume you bought these as a key man at perhaps less than cost? but irregardless, the B2s are selling for around $300 with 1st stage ... in DIN ... perhaps up to $400 if the right buyer chimes in and the computers fluctuate quite a bit pending on what people are looking for ... even if you were able to get someone to part with $600-$700 for the computer, your only looking at a total of $1000 for everything at the minimum ($300+$600 plus the second B2) ... and if you're lucky perhaps $1200?

some people may question the last service and such but I think they're a bit nuts to even care about that since it suggests they will be diving the regs upon reception without having them serviced ... so any perspective buyer must add another $100+ to have the 1st and two 2nds serviced right?

(you asked)

If i were you I would split them up and sell them individually. It will be harder to find someone who wants and is willing to pay for both.

thats a tough question to answer. being that you were a "manager of a dive shop" should we assume you bought these as a key man at perhaps less than cost? but irregardless,
(you asked)

Ronzo, How do you buy at less than "cost"? Less than retail probably. There is no such word as "irregardless".

Ronzo, How do you buy at less than "cost"? Less than retail probably. There is no such word as "irregardless".

:D awesome! you are probably right ... but the irony is that i supposedly spelled it incorrectly and spell check told me it was spelled "irregardless" go figure ... and while you're figuring, try it out for yourself ...

HA HA!!!

and maybe i'm not supposed to discuss how you can buy under cost so ill leave it alone (pretend i didnt mention that) :wink:

It's called "keyman" pricing. Dive gear manufacturers sell to dive professionals / shop employees at below wholesale cost to get their gear showcased by professionals. The thought being it will help sell more gear. The money is paid directly to the manufacturer or rep.

I appreciate all the responses. You are right in how the keyman program works, it would be paid directly to the manufacturer and the rep gets "credit" for this sale. I did buy plently of gear this way, but you are obligated by serial numbers and sometimes contracts prohibiting resale of the equipment. I left the dive shop going on a year now so I am completely out of touch with current pricing. In response to the first post, this set is a DIN set and has a yoke adapter attached to it as well. Again I apprecaite the responses and will try to split them up for sale. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom