Frustrations trying to gain experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...The next morning we will go out to a sink hole about 400 feet across and nearly 300 feet deep. There are no facilities whatsoever there--we will be in the open air on a prairie near the Pecos River. We will dive for three days and hopefully leave early Sunday afternoon, arriving back in Boulder about 10:30. On our last trip, we got back at 2:30 AM Monday morning.

Rock Lake?

Yes, we were at Rock Lake this weekend. It took longer than usual because of the blizzard in northern New Mexico, which means we didn't get to the motel until 1:30 AM. Here are a couple of pictures taken while we were unpacking the next morning in preparation of our dives. I am not in the picture, although my dry suit bag is on the table.

That's our Holy Grail of diving.

Yes, we were at Rock Lake this weekend. It took longer than usual because of the blizzard in northern New Mexico, which means we didn't get to the motel until 1:30 AM. Here are a couple of pictures taken while we were unpacking the next morning in preparation of our dives. I am not in the picture, although my dry suit bag is on the table.

Whoa! You guys were committed to that dive! I love it! :D

... reminds me of a picture I took of TSandM's rig this past March up in Port Hardy ... :D

IMG_0422.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

IF anyone needs a buddy in Cave Country around the holidays, let me know !!!! :D
Conditions right now are just AWESOME.
Rivers are way down....
Hardly any flow in Little River as of 3 days ago.
Madison flow is down too.

Thanks!
Jean

P.S. EGADS , that last picture reminds of diving in dat Minnesota , ya.

+1 on conditions. The *RIVER* is so clear that we were able to scooter in it and keep up with each other. Even in areas of intrusion you can see 20-30ft!

Whoa! You guys were committed to that dive! I love it! :D

More like they should have been committed for doing that dive... :wink:

More like they should have been committed for doing that dive... :wink:

No,... more like the New Year's Eve dive I'm doing at the local quarry, is. They're calling for temps in the low 20's- upper teens. The water temps are about 46- 42 degrees. Will definitely have to pull out the portable propane heater! Brrrrrrr.....:shocked2:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom