Friends of Kristina Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to thank Mikemill for setting up today's Friends of Kristina dive. So many people showed up and shared their fondest memories of Kristina, and it was so clear that she had such an incredible impact on all of us. I'm so appreciative to have had the opportunity to attend, participate, and share a dive in her honor!

One of the wonderful things about the event today was the variety of divers that came together to celebrate her memory... From long hoses and doubles to split fins and air2s... New divers and old divers came together to remember how welcoming and loving she was of the diving and the divers.

It was a very nice gathering.

Thank you, Mike, for setting this up, and I personally thank each and every one of you who attended, even in spirit.

It was very nice to hear everyone contribute in their own words what they remembered most about this wonderful and courageous woman.

I'm sure she was smiling down upon us with that beautiful smile that we've all grown to love.

"Everybody Dies, But Not Everybody Lives"

Until we meet again, Kristina

The sharing of stories really brought out the camaraderie in our dive community, and just how much Kristina was a part of it.

The group that came together for Scubaboard's unofficial memorial.
attachment.php

In this photo you can see the smiling faces as Dan told stories of Kristina. There were many good memories shared.
attachment.php

Captain Mike of the Sanctuary took those interested out to Ballbuster for a short boat ride. We then had a nice lunch at the London Bridge Pub.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Kristina Memorial.jpg
    Kristina Memorial.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Laughing while telling stories.jpg
    Laughing while telling stories.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 415
  • Lunch after Sancuary trip.jpg
    Lunch after Sancuary trip.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 180
Yes, thank you for setting this up Mike! It was so nice to see everyone and hear all the wonderful memories. What a great day and I'm sure Kristina was smiling down on all of us.

Agreed. Thanks to Mike and to everyone else who participated. It was a very appropriate way to remember Kristina, by getting together with friends and making new ones and then diving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you guys had fun! I really enjoyed the picture with you guys all standing around talking about your memories of her. That is what she would have wanted. I wonder, somebody should send that to her family, they may enjoy seeing it.

Definitely, thanks for coordinating this, Mike. It was wonderful seeing all the people whose lives were touched by Kristina's warmth and love of life. I'm sure she was smiling down on us.

Thanks Mike for all your efforts. It was really good to hear everyone's story about how Kristina had enriched their lives. And it was good to meet people that I'd only known online, including Matt (fobturbo) who was a great dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom