Friends of Kristina Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a video from the Friends of Kristina Dive (MikeMill, Ben_CA, and myself plus a special appearance from Team Bunny)

What the heck were you doing up at 230 AM?

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it (I really wanted to), but it looks like it turned out to be a really positive day for everyone - I'm sure Kristina was happy to see that.

Thanks to everyone. We all arrived, chatted with each other for a bit, then Peter wrangled us all together for a group photo (in front of the SB banner I swear). We then shared our Kristina memories. That part alone was worth the trip. And then we hit the water.

Vis wasn't great but it was good enough. Lots of nettles with fewer after we went pass (props + nettles = fun times).

I funny moment happened. I was breaking my gear down and I notice a kid straightening out the SB banner and then standing next to it as his dad took a picture.

I did not know Kristina.

I could feel her courageous spirit from the love coming from her friends.

Thank you all.

Diving and remembering seems a fitting tribute.

Hey everyone my condolences to all of Kristina's friends and family. I never met Kristina but it's nice to see so many people that cared for her.

poolsofblu, Kristina's cousin, came by SB Chat a few minutes ago and asked us to pass along a message.

"I will keep all posted about the memorial on Tues May 3rd, not sure about the location, somewhere in San Jose and the time is noon.. I will be in touch on the board with more details as they come. Things are pretty sticky still."

She also said that the pics that you shared are really special and the she enjoyed them.

Thanks Mike for setting up everything.

I have a photo of our friend Kristina taken on one of my dives with her.

She is happy and giving a friendly wave doing what she loves, scuba diving in the beautiful ocean.

It is on my photos Kristina 7/25/10.

poolsofblu, Kristina's cousin, came by SB Chat a few minutes ago and asked us to pass along a message.

"I will keep all posted about the memorial on Tues May 3rd, not sure about the location, somewhere in San Jose and the time is noon.. I will be in touch on the board with more details as they come. Things are pretty sticky still."

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/379504-memorial-service-kristina-weese-gomez.html says the service is

Holy Spirit Church
1200 Redmond Ave.
San Jose, Ca. 95120

Date: May 5, 2011
Time: 4 PM

Can we get the date sorted out?

Here's a video of our dive to the Barge on Saturday. I was really looking forward to this dive because I remember reading on SB Kristina's trip report about her first dive there, how she found the line, followed it out, found the barge and had a great time. As we were kicking there, we were passed by and eventually met up with BenV, MikeMill and MikeMikethePike, who were doing the same dive on scooters.

Viz was around 10-15ft, but it was bright (green), and conditions were as calm as I've ever seen it, with no current, surge, or surface swells.

[youtubehq]Rnijfzxedbc[/youtubehq]

And here is our dive to metridiums.
[youtubehq]nxd2RTFVN3I[/youtubehq]

Back
Top Bottom