Suggestion Friend requests from people with commercial interests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Sas

Sas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today I got a friend request from a profile that is basically a shop. I really hate unsolicited friend requests from people with an obvious commercial interest as it feels like another ad being forced upon me like spam and was wondering what other people thought. Could it be possible to ban profiles with commercial interests from making blanket friend requests? I know some people have links to their favourite shop or even their own shop in their profile who might add me as a friend for other reasons (say, if we'd actually had a conversation or had shared interests :p) but it is pretty easy to tell the difference between legitimate requests and just spam.

I know the ToS mentions how spam is not allowed, but am not sure if a shop using friend requests is considered spam or not. It would be cool if it could include friend requests from shops too :) As it is SO annoying.

Thanks!

I agree- I got two today. I refused the first request, then it came through again! Annoying. :shakehead:

Public flogging might be appropriate.

Do send me the name.

Have one to.

Back
Top Bottom