Friday's (2/27) Oahu pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been windy here all day in Kona. Charters went out this morning, by noon it was getting fairly bad. By 3 the Coral Sea (100' glass bottom boat) had broken it's mooring and was in danger of going on the rocks, had a couple friends trying to save it this afternoon. Waves are spashing over the seawall down by the pier the entire length of the seawall, not just in one spot, so the swell is up in all directions.

It's a bit before 7 and I can see a line of stuff coming our way, supposed to be nasty toinght.

No diving tomorrow.

later

Steve

azcadiver:
Unfortunately I cannot download the pictures. I will be one of those tourists next week. How long is the storm supposed to last? I am hoping to do some diving toward the end of next week.

Supposed to be done by Saturday....and I really hope so too. It's cold and ugly out there.
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.
Aloha Lisa

Fortunately where I live on Oahu, the biggest problem I had was leaving my windows open when I left for work this morning. I have some wet carpet, but the cats stayed dry!

But traffic was ugly, and watching the news, not everyone here had it so good today!

Likely no diving 'til sunday at least in Kona. A lot will depend on when the west swell drops down after the upper low moves off tomorrow later in the day. We can deal with either a north or south swell, a large west swell can ruin the diving though.

Steve

Tearless Tom:
Will be in Kona tomorrow. Hope it clears. Been looking forward to this week for months.

Why is it that I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you guys who live in Hawaii and dive every day? That stuff is called "weather" and the rest of us have to put up with it on a regular basis!

Just kidding.......hope it clears up for y'all!

Jester:
live in Hawaii and dive every day?
That's just it! True, we are spoiled with our weather...But this is very unusual, thunder and lighting never really happen here (so I have been told), and we are very unprepared for it...
Thanks for the sympathy Jester!

Aloha, Lisa

Talking_Reporter.gif

There is no diving on Maui on Saturday or much of any other activity either. We are under a severe wind and rain attack. This kind of weather just ain't normal for here.

I doubt it will clear by Sunday either.

time to break out the hot chocolate and Pims and curl up with a good book...

stay dry, G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom