Friday, November 28th After Thanksgiving Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thermobryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone want to head out for a dive on Friday?

I was thinking possibly Laguna, maybe deadman's reef or even Malibu.

Let me know, I have the day off work!

A guy from Monterey is going to be in Laguna for Thanksgiving and is interested in getting some dives in (link). I'd be interested as well. I've never dived Deadman's but have wanted to. If you're planning a dive for sure, let me know and I'll be there! :D

Anyone want to head out for a dive on Friday?

I was thinking possibly Laguna, maybe deadman's reef or even Malibu.

Let me know, I have the day off work!

I know Robert and John we planning on a night dive out there Friday, weather permitting. If I'm not congested which seems doubtful I'm totally there. Deadman's is definitely one of my favorite spots, only been there twice though.

Billy

Hey Bryan, I'm 90 percent sure that I can make it,I won't know for sure until tomorrow. I'll watch here to see where you guys end up diving and I'll make it if I can.

I'm interested, but man I was at the beach an hour ago and the water looks naaaaasty, but the surf forecast for Friday is promising.
How far is the surface swim to deadmans?

I'm sure the picture is not to scale, but you can get an idea of the layout here (picture about half way down the page).

I'll keep an eye on the swell model and surf predictions....hopefully things will calm down by Friday!

How do you think it got the name Deadman's?

Billy

Maybe this one isn't for me.

Maybe this one isn't for me.

You know it's really not that bad. There's usually little to no surf, surge, or current which makes for a really pleasant back stroke. It also gives you a really nice long u/w route back to the beach which is interesting the entire way. I'd dive that site 3x a week if I lived out there, it's that amazing.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom