Freshwater Dive Sites in CA???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeScubaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know any good ones? I would love to have any info you might have on some good places to do some freshwater diving...thanks!

I am looking for info such as vis, temp, depth, camping, clarity, etc... Or if you have a good link that gives that sort of info that would work too. Basically want to know the best freshwater dive locations that people enjoy checking out. Thanks!!!

My brother and I will be on a houseboat in Lake Shasta for Memorial Day weekend. I'm hoping the diving is more interesting than Tenaya Lake (along the upper rim of Yosemite National Park). So far my freshwater diving is pretty limited. I found that there's a shop in Shasta Lake that fills tanks... so I hope that means there is diving worth doing.

I'm not sure you will find the diving in Shasta Lake all that enjoyable especially on a weekend like Memorial Day. The lake is likely to be very busy with a lot of water skiers and jet skiers which will tend to muck up the vis.

What shop did you find in Shasta Lake City? The only one I am familiar with in the area is in Redding.

Rev. Blade,
I will do a little checking into Shasta Lake, thanks! If you get any cool photos next weekend while diving or of the lake in general and don't mind sharing you can email them to contactus@lakediver.com. I would appreciate it, and thank you for the heads up!

If you are going to Shasta Lake, be ready to meet GIANT cat fish. You will also need to dive really early in the am, at like sun up. Remember the canyons are deep too. This time of year there is still probably bad visability as the run off from snow melt is going strong.

Whiskey Town on the other side of Redding towards Trinity Lake on 299 West is known as the mini Lake Tahoe, is very clear water with large boulders.

There are tons of lakes in CA, but if you want treasures find out where the parties happen, and dive the sights for sun glasses, beer cans, beer bottles, and anything else people drop or throw overboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom