Fresh Water Dive Randolph Nj - Getting My Dry Suit A Workout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove today - I started diving my new dry suit using 44 lbs of lead. I now have 7 dives on the suit and I am down to 30 lbs of lead. I am getting more comfortable each dive - I am really enjoying the suit. It feels like I have more dives but I checked - hard to believe it is only 7 dives.

Average depth 22.58 feet - max depth 39 feet for 40 minutes. 39 degree water and it felt good - a little chilly on my hands diving wet gloves but overall the dive was good.

It was really just a training dive for me to get to the point I really feel good with my dry suit. I was able to just use my breathing for buoyancy - so I think I have my weighting dialed in somewhat - a little floaty at 5 feet but I can live with that for now. I can dive head first to get down without using ankle weights or gators and I feel in control - like I did in a wet suit. I tried using just the dry suit for buoyancy as well as the suit and my BCD. I think given less weight I like using my dry suit for buoyancy - still have a lot of dives to continue learning but so far I can see this extending my season.

I hope this trend continues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom