French Polynesia or Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disco King

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

If I can go either French Polynesia or Galapagos which one would you recommend and why? I read Oct is best month for both? Would Galapagos be too cold without dry suite?

Galapagos, I will do liveaboard. Not sure liveaboard is a must for French Polynesia.

Best.

To me, the Galapagos is a far off destination, whereas French Polynesia is quite easy to get to, given that there are new direct flights from San Francisco. I would pick the Galapagos.

For FP, you can dive quite well without needing to be on a liveaboard, although there are probably sites that are only accessible with liveaboards. My picks would be Rangiora, Fakarava, Moorea, then Bora Bora.

I'm a cold water weenie so I'd choose French Polynesia (I haven't been to either). But I don't think you can make a 'wrong' decision! Yay for you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom