Freedom Plate w/ DSS wing video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A customer of mine sent me this video of how a DSS wing works on my latest plate.
It works like a champ!
YouTube - Deep Sea Supply LCD20 wing on a Freedom Plate

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I like his choice in beer too :wink:

Henrik

No, it only means it fits this particular plate. Blanket statements usually lead to trouble.

Tobin

Even though I have not seen one of your wings in person I hear many good things about them. I'm glad to know it works with my plate. I also like the way the inflator comes out of the center. With the shoulder straps coming out of a central location on the freedom plate it only seems natural that the inflator hose should follow it.

Even though I have not seen one of your wings in person I hear many good things about them. I'm glad to know it works with my plate. I also like the way the inflator comes out of the center. With the shoulder straps coming out of a central location on the freedom plate it only seems natural that the inflator hose should follow it.

Eric,

I enjoyed the video, and I appreciate the kind words. My only concern in this thread is people might incorrectly assume that any wing can be used on any plate.

This has been a source of some confusion in the past.

Tobin

Eric,

I enjoyed the video, and I appreciate the kind words. My only concern in this thread is people might incorrectly assume that any wing can be used on any plate.

This has been a source of some confusion in the past.

Tobin

There are more wings can be used with more conventional plates that have a channel and 11" center holes and the use of a STA, but I'm sure there has to be a few exceptions somewhere.
Where my plate differs and has trouble finding compatible wings is that there are no 11" holes and therefore no way to use a STA. There is no easy way to make it that way; it's an entirely different system. Being that it's totally flat it is impossible to use a STA attached with wing nuts. That is why my plate relies on wings with slots that line up with the slots I put in. I'm happy to say that DSS wings line up really well. I know that some Diverite wings will work and also Oxy and maybe a few others? I still wait to hear reports from people so I can pass on the info to others.

Back
Top Bottom