Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much did the tailor cost, and what is the stiffness of the yellow webbing?

Yellow is regular stiffness. Red is softer. Tailor cost $100. Molle accessories were another $20 on Amazon. The fit is great. I find that, as a portly person, having split shoulder straps keeps them out of my armpits.

Miscalleous hardware is from Piranha.
IMG_20210808_093211.jpg
IMG_20210808_093317.jpg
IMG_20210808_093332.jpg

IMG_20210808_093211.jpg
IMG_20210808_093317.jpg
IMG_20210808_093320.jpg
IMG_20210808_093332.jpg
IMG_20210808_093339.jpg
IMG_20210808_093217.jpg

Apart from the Molle strip, it looks a lot like the diverite deluxe harness.

Apart from the Molle strip, it looks a lot like the diverite deluxe harness.

Yup.

Interesting, what you've done here, @BoundForElsewhere .

FWIW, my very first harness was a (the original?) DiveRite Deluxe Harness, which I purchased new ca. 1994 with a (the original?) DiveRite Al backplate and a couple of neoprene shoulder sleeves/pads, and (the original?) DiveRite [Classic] Wings.

From the beginning, with each successive dive over the next couple of weeks, I modified this harness a bit, and then a bit more, and then, finally, ended with a simple, single-piece harness, with straps crossed behind my head--somewhat like the Hogarthian rigs I was learning about at that time. By the end of that very first dive season, because I had decided against wearing a crotch strap, I settled on adding a single shoulder release (a weight belt buckle) to this otherwise single-piece harness, and wearing my shoulder straps more snug than taught by the DIR folks (who do NOT cross their shoulder straps, and who wear a crotch strap) do.

I wore this "final", simple configuration for several years, unchanged, completely satisfied.

All this is to say: Remain flexible with your setup. You might discover that you will want to modify things a bit--despite the seemingly nifty setup you now have.

FWIW,

rx7diver

Interesting, what you've done here, @BoundForElsewhere .

FWIW, my very first harness was a (the original?) DiveRite Deluxe Harness, which I purchased new ca. 1994 with a (the original?) DiveRite Al backplate and a couple of neoprene shoulder sleeves/pads, and (the original?) DiveRite [Classic] Wings.

From the beginning, with each successive dive over the next couple of weeks, I modified this harness a bit, and then a bit more, and then, finally, ended with a simple, single-piece harness, with straps crossed behind my head--somewhat like the Hogarthian rigs I was learning about at that time. By the end of that very first dive season, because I had decided against wearing a crotch strap, I settled on adding a single shoulder release (a weight belt buckle) to this otherwise single-piece harness, and wearing my shoulder straps more snug than taught by the DIR folks (who do NOT cross their shoulder straps, and who wear a crotch strap) do.

I wore this "final", simple configuration for several years, unchanged, completely satisfied.

All this is to say: Remain flexible with your setup. You might discover that you will want to modify things a bit--despite the seemingly nifty setup you now have.

FWIW,

rx7diver

Thank you. Great advice. It was and definitely will be a process.

Back
Top Bottom