Freediver: Tanya Streeter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to Tanya this past week, they're off to shoot more. Stand by... The past episode is to air again. I hate to say it, I didn't write the dates down.

I picked this up on Deeper Blue.
Chad

deeppeace
Re: Freediver

Following a few queries into when the show will air again, this is a heads-up to let you know it will be on this SUNDAY 19th March at 3pm EST and again on June 25th at 8pm EST/PT. Check your local listing for start time in your area.

I don't have any information about international transmission of the film, but when I find out I will post it here and on my website (www.redefineyourlimits.com) so watch this space.

Yes, Eric, there was a happy ending...... And I'm heading out to film another part of the next series on Saturday. Big scary toothy creatures in a tropical location - that's all I am able to tell you at this point. The new films will air in the UK this fall/winter season. And the first 3 (Belize, Whales & Galapagos) will air again soon in the UK. Belize film is next Sunday 26th on BBC2 I think, and the others will get prime time mid-week slots. Info will be on my site, and in local TV guides.

Thanks for watching them!

Tanya

tiggrr:
I loved this show! Tivo'd it and have been showing it to everyone I can lure to my living room. I have a buddy coming over tomorrow along with the promise of a free meal. Pitiful what it takes to amuse me. :)

My favorite part was her diving in Belize and seeing the juvenile trunk fish. Soo precious. :) Also, her freediving the Blue Hole. I believe that was a 140 ft dive.

Every once in a while I do the same thing with either The Abyss, The Big Blue, or one of my wreck diving bootlegs. And now I've pretended not to have watched Ocean Men twice now...

Look what diving has turned me into. Look away!

:)

JB

Dive friends: I just found out for certain today, theTanya Streeter / BBC special Freediver, has not gone to DVD yet, probably because the rights to it belong to the BBC. The only way to get a copy of it is off the TV, when it's presented again.

Best wishes to all you Tanya fans.

dg

Wow! She is amazing! :11:

The rights to Freediver probably belong completely to the BBC, along with Tanya Streeter's special on diving with sharks and her up-coming special on Sea Gypsies. Tanya labels herself a "Freelance TV Presenter," and unless something is written into a contract allowing the presenter to have specific rights over any production, chances are they don't have a lot of say about what goes on during certain aspects of that production.

With Tanya's enormous popularity, I am sure she is very careful about what she attaches her name to, and that is understandable. She gets hundreds of production ideas from big named idea people, right down to just plane "Tanya fans," but only a handful of them will ever go to production.

I get the impression also, Tanya tries to stay true to who she is and how she feels about the environment and especially her first passion, freediving. I have a lot of respect for any celebrity who can accomplish that, and in my opinion one of my favorite female divers Tanya Streeter, and one of my favorite female authors Linda Greenlaw, were cut from the same stock.

Best to you all...

"If someone asks for more information on any idea you present, they probably are not interested in it!" James A. Gibbs

" I just saw scubatiggrr's profile. And I thought about adding or asking her if I could add her to my friends list, but I didn't. I didn't do it because I thought it would be better if I just a few lines here for her to read, only if she's interested in being my friend. If she wants to see my profile, fine. If she isn't interested, that's fine too. also, I'm wondering how I can clean out my old messages in my pm box. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated". Snorkelcorey

" I just saw scubatiggrr's profile. And I thought about adding or asking her if I could add her to my friends list, but I didn't. I didn't do it because I thought it would be better if I just a few lines here for her to read, only if she's interested in being my friend. If she wants to see my profile, fine. If she isn't interested, that's fine too.

seeing how her last post in this thread was 2 years ago... she'll prob think you are a 'stalker'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom