Free Tweak Dive Thursday Night (April 24)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright gang,
Who is up the third Tweak? Once again we will be at Point Panic at 1700, Ready to dive. This is for anyone that may even be curious about this type of diving.

Here is the letter from the previous "Tweaks". If you plan on attending please let us know.

After being approached by several divers that are interested in our way of diving, but that are not ready to commit to courses financially we thought we would offer the following:

In an effort to maintain the HUE team member dive skills we will be hosting skill dives or as we refer to them “Tweaks”. As an added benefit, those divers on the island that are interested in finding out what we are all about are most welcome to come by and partake in our skill dives.

For those that do not know, we are a small group (5-6 core members) of Technical divers that embrace the Unified Dive Team philosophy (DIR). Our passion is the exploration of new or seldom dove dive sites. Skills practiced can be applied to technical and recreational diving. We’ll be honing basic skills such as buoyancy, trim, effective team member positioning, communication, basic skills with long hose setup and efficient finning techniques.

We will meet every second week on Thursdays at 1700ish (subject to change). This allows those of us qualified to pursue the more challenging dive sites on the weekends. While the time will remain constant the dive sites will change on a weekly basis based on participants’ on-island travel constraints. In order to keep costs to zero, tweaks will be held at dive sites accessible from shore.

A limited amount of backplates for singles or doubles, long hose setups, and even double tanks are available for use at no cost. Just let us know if you would like to try a BP/W and longhose and we’ll accommodate you on a first come first serve basis.
There is no-catch. We are only interested in maintaining our proficiency level and educating the general public on ONE (our) way to approach diving (there are many others). As a matter of fact if you are interested in technical gear after trying it we may direct you to an on-island technical dive shop…and no…none of use make any commission there.

The only thing we ask is that those that plan to attend have a genuine interest and to also let us know 24 hours in advance. Please RSVP to instructor@scubaanddreams.com . Kool-Aid will be provided free of cost

I'm out, and won't be able to dive this weekend either :( The wife and I have some surprise visitors...

Matt

Yeah, looks like no one can make it...bummer.

Matt

Sorry, I won't be diving until next weekend. I am home alone with my little boy. Felicia and our daughter flew home Tuesday for an emergency.

Jealous of our success in such a short time perhaps. Muahahahaha.

Hey, I have your deco bottles at my house.

I love how they are advertising those scooter, but you have to take their $300 DPV course before you can use them. Then it is $75/day for them. Heck it was only $50/day for the X-scooters.

Are you guys still charging for the pleasure of being a support diver? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom