Free SSI Science of Diving Specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember having a friend, a brilliant applied mathematician, and a full professor at Oxford come to visit me in Utah, and watching horrified as he decided to run across a 3 lane divided highway having first checked to see there were no cars coming FROM THE WRONG DIRECTION.

I lived down under for 10 years. I always look both ways, both times.

Some of these idjits stop and look at me, and I stand there look at them, and we play the staring game until they give up and drive away or all the other lanes stop too and I can see them. It's usually people in Penis Substitute Vehicles so big I can't see over them at 1.85m standing up on the pedals of a large frame 29er. It never occurs to them that their PSVs are tall and not at all transparent.

Question (having never done e learning before)---(I'm reading through all the stuff).

How does the test work? What do you do if you "fail"? I should have no problem as most of this stuff was covered in the "old" PADI DM course prior to 2010 (perhaps not in quite as much detail?), but am curious. With classroom courses you take the test and if you have wrong answers they are explained and corrected-- everyone seems to pass.

For the final exam you have to get all the questions correct in groups of ten. You can go back and take each section as many times as you want.

For the quiz questions for each section you have to get an 80% on smaller groups.

For the final exam you have to get all the questions correct in groups of ten. You can go back and take each section as many times as you want.

For the quiz questions for each section you have to get an 80% on smaller groups.
Thanks. So in a sense it's an open book test I guess.

I did the top line instruction you sent on my laptop. What do I click on when I get to Science and Diving? I don't know how to get the course started. You have to be patient with me as I am a computer idiot. Assume I have no idea what to do or if I should do anything with the top tool bar, etc.

Thanks.

"View first page" is where you click to start. It should then open up and you have to either scroll down to view of the loaded page, or use the arrows to flip to the next page.

"View first page" is where you click to start. It should then open up and you have to either scroll down to view of the loaded page, or use the arrows to flip to the next page.
Thanks again. I've got it now and am enjoying the excellent detail of the course.

Yes it is.

I think with e-learning it kind of makes sense.
Yeah, same as the test procedure in the classroom. If you missed a question it was explained and that's that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom