Free Insurance With Dive Damai Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudisusie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For anyone booked onto one of the Dive Damai liveaboards in Indonesia, I've just read on their facebook page that they are offering DAN Asia Pacific medical and emergency evacuation insurance free of charge to all of their guests that want it. Thats not bad eh?
Liveaboard Diving Insurance | Dive Damai

That's a $50 dollar savings!

Bummer, it also says:

*All guests of Damai I and Damai II should request insurance cover at the time of booking. No discount will be provided to divers who already have their own diver insurance cover.

I guess it wouldn't apply, since I'm already covered by DAN. Which leads me to a question, do I really need it year round? Hmmm, I'll have to do the math on this.

I also usually take annual cover with DAN Europe, which I renew each July but as I have a Damai charter to Alor in Nov 17 with no diving planned from July, I think it would make sense to take the free cover from Damai and just renew the annual cover the next time I go diving.

It's worth more than that as it looks to be $125 to get enough evacuation insurance to be worth it (they charge multiple thousands for evacuation). You also can't just buy a short time period as you must pay for entire year, which is how insurance must work otherwise the premiums would not cover the losses and they would not sell insurance.

On the Damai it's a short term cover, so just for the duration of your trip. Perhaps they got a special policy from DAN Asia Pacific? From working in diving around the world, Ive learned each DAN region has varying policies and charges...perhaps you can't get that one in the US shasta_man? So will make a nice bonus!

I can think of a lot to do with that saving Nudisusie! Two that come to mind are duty-free liquor (Indo's $$$) and massages!

Back
Top Bottom