Free Dives in exchange for clean-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You asked for a link to the aqua ranch, you got a link to the aqua ranch! :wink: For info on the campground, send a PM to speargirl. :)

Yeap please call me and I will set you up. The nearest boat ramp is at Hawks Cay which is only 2 miles up the street. If your boat does nto draw but 2' or less you can use the marina right next door to the property.
Becky

I just got a call that MoteMan and his wife came by the Ranch today and loved it.:D

I came, I saw, I dove, I took pictures!!! Sorry, this being a cleanup I didn't bring the u/w camera.

This is a most unusual dive in that it is saltwater but a controlled environment with no waves or currents. It's pretty warm at the top but do bring your wetsuit if you plan to visit the bottom...I only brought a lycra skin and couldn't will myself past the thermocline. The fish grow VERY big in the quarry and some of us saw the largest Grey Angelfish EVER! There are so many beautiful large snappers and of COURSE the COBIA... :)

Becky, thank you so much for your awesome hospitality (as always!) and a VERY unique adventure!!! Jenny, nice to dive with you again, Dennis, nice to see you again and Steve, nice to meet you, hope to dive with you again. Special thanks to Julie, Tyler and Dennis for dog sitting while I dove.

The rest of you folks, Becky will be down there through Monday so come on down, even if you don't want to camp you could come for the day. NOTE that day diving ceases at 5 p.m. When you pass MM60 start looking on the left...if you get to a sign that says Flamingo on the right, you JUST missed it so turn around.

That I know of these where the only pictures taken.

The Aqua Ranch website lists tent camping at $35 per night for up to four campers.

I didn't see any mention of check-in or check-out times online.

Perhaps Becky (aka Speargirl) or Charlie (of Aquaranch) can shed some light on this.

I wonder what website Brent was looking at?:confused: Maybe he was just refering to this thread. NEways we are camping at John Pennekamp June 15th - 18th and then would like to check out Becky's campground for a day or two. Am I correct, No Reservations required? I would still like to get some recommendations for diving sites nearby.

Thanks.

Thanks Brent, looks like their webmaster needs to do a little work adding the link to the mainpage. Thanks for all you great advice on Key Largo as well....
Does anyone know if there is free Wi Fi available in the keys? Alot of fast food restaurants now have free Wi Fi.

Becky, Reef Haven is right, the camping link is hard to find. Brent, good detective work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom