Free Digital Noise Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Helicon offers a free download of their digital noise filter. I saw this posted on DigitalDiver and wanted to share it here. I tried this filter and it works quite well. It is a small stand alone program. In oder to get the Photoshop plugin you must buy the professional version.

I've got PS Elements and the plugins don't work with it. I'm wondering how I would use the filter with it. Filter the noise with Helicon's program first then do any adjustments in Elements, or use Elements first?

Dee:
Filter the noise with Helicon's program first then do any adjustments in Elements, or use Elements first?

I don't think it matters which way round you use it does it? I tried both ways without any noticable diffrence. It works well but a shame it doesn't work with TIFFs.

Has anyone tried it with a really back scattery pic to see what it does?

I have used it on several of my no-flash manual WB pics and it did a very good job. I use the free stand alone version.
I re-sized, and cropped if desired, my pic first in PS7 to 640 X 480. I then made any other adjustments such as brightness, contrast, sharpening etc. I saved the adjusted pic and opened it in Helicon and adjusted the noise and re-saved it. I re-opened it in PS7 one last time to check it. I had to re-do the sharpening on some of the pics. I then do a "save for web" in PS7. So far I like it better than any of the other free PS plugins I have used.

Back
Top Bottom