Free Air Fills in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure when their specials went into effect, but both Dive World Austin and Scubaland (all stores) have free air fills.

I'm diving with Texdiveguy tomorrow at CSSP and guess where I had my 3 tanks filled :D

Last edited:
Very cool!
Watch out for that TexDiveGuy! Sometimes he gets a little crazy. You can tell if he's going to have a crazy day if he shows up with his doubles tanks.

Will Diveworld remember to turn on their compressor though?

I still have a Fill Card from Diveworld back when I ,naively, thought I could actually get tanks filled there :D

You guys wouldn't happen to be looking for any extra dive buddies? It's been a long week and I would love a chance to try out a new set of zip gloves.

See you at the pond!

Will Diveworld remember to turn on their compressor though?

I still have a Fill Card from Diveworld back when I ,naively, thought I could actually get tanks filled there :D

Hey Ian,

There should be plenty of gas at DW now...all of the K bottles from DW II were moved to DW I when it closed (not that it was ever really open). So there's about twice as much gas on hand now. Competition has smoothed some customer service problems as well, so stop in for some freebies while the price wars last!

From what I gather, the issue with "running the compressor on the weekends" is due to a resident that lives behind the shop. He has a nasty disposition and loves to come in and rant when it's disturbing his weekend quiet...so as a courtesy to the neighbors, the compressor doesn't run on the weekends when possible.

Cheers,
Trey

HA! They'd have to have HE in the shop still for that! No tech gas other than PP blended nitrox at DW currently...OHS has the market cornered. And thanks be to Mack for doing it! :)

Dive World started the "free fills" at the Lake Travis Cleanup and was later followed by other/s; this is still in effect until it is changed on their web site

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom