Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing beats the Atomic Frameless! :thumb: Though the Riffe frameless is a close second!

Hollis f1 fins size large. I wear a size nine rock boot and they fit like a glove. And they come with spring straps!

Atomic definitley has the best Fameless Mask on the market. It's the #1 mask in our shop!
MASK, FRAMELESS, Buy Atomic Aquatics at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

I like them so much I bought two...

Of course I seem to NEED two because whenever I'm doing any kind of Tec class with Wayne (Dive Junkie1) I seem to have ALL KINDS of gear failures...

- Primary mask failure
- Computer failure
- Lift-bag failure
- Primary light failure
- Back-up light failure
- Lost gas
- Missed/Omitted deco stop
- Etc

And don't get me started on the reels and spools that mysteriously disappear when you're one of Wayne's students and don't maintain vigilant "situational awareness" at all times!

I can't wait to see how TMx class goes...

:shocked2:

But seriously, my Atomic Frameless is one of those pieces of gear that I'd never give up.

Frameless mask is awesome. I can't use anything else. The only con is that it can debond, it usually takes years, but check the seal between the glass and silicone every now and then. If you didn't try on those XL jet fins you might have a problem with the width. Their XXL's are huge, but something right in the middle would be the XL OMS Slipstream which are a Jet fin clone but lighter in weight. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip on sealing a frameless mask. You're right. Frameless masks are the best! After using one, I find them much better than other masks.

I also use Slip Steam fins. They're great and not as heavy as Jet fins. However, they are a lot more stiffer. I am a size 10 and the XL fit me great!

The three frameless masks I have are the SP Frameless:
SCPMFLBK.JPG

The SP Orbit:
scubapro_Orbit_black.jpg

And the Shadow:
Oceanic-shadow-small.jpg

I keep trying to switch to the SP Orbit because it's low volume with wide view, but I, too, cannot stop the leaking around ther nose. It you look at the nose area, there is a seam, and I believe that is the source of the leak. Maybe a design flaw, darn it, because I love the size, look and feel of it.

So, it's back to my tried and true Shadow, which has always served me perfectly. As a back-up, I have the SP frameless in my pocket, but it's just a little large for a back-up mask. I was hoping to use the Orbit as my primary and the Shadow as my back-up, but a leaking mask is no good. I have found that a slowly leaking mask will stop leaking after several dives, but it's just not happening with the Orbit.

I too am having leaking issues with the Orbit, but so far I have not found a mask that doesn't leak on my face. I was pretty bummed too about this mask because like you, I really liked the wide angle view, single glass, and the fit of it above water. It fits PERFECT, so it really must be that seem like you say. I think I will just deal with the little bit of leak... :idk:

Another vote for the AA frameless

The new Sherwood Rona looks good though, and at almost half the price - anyone tried one?

the promate raven is the exact same mask as the rona and can be had for $25 online. compared the two at the local shop identical. picked up the promate and the shop matched the online price and saved $50 over the sherwood. no brainer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom