Frameless 2 Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a long-time fan of my frameless mask. While snooping around for a deal on a used framelss for a backup, I noticed the buzz about a new version called the "Frameless 2". Is there any information on the field of view? The v1 mask has (in my experiences) the best field of view out there, so an improvement would really be quite neat.

In a separate thread, I noticed an estimated arrival date of 3/20/14 for the first shipment of these masks. Additionally, I see that LP is selling what looks to be a rendered image of the mask for about $140 :shocked2:.

Has anyone actually taken one of these in the water yet?

Carl

Hi DocCarl...The mask has not even been received here at Atomic. It is still going through the production phase and we expect our very first shipment of the mask in June...We were optimistic for a March delivery but there were a few delays along the way. The field of view has changed on this mask...The thinner edges allow for better up/down/side to side viewing and there is a softer skirt for increased comfort. The prototypes that are here at Atomic are amazingly comfortable and I am looking forward to this mask being released so that I can get my hands on one as well...

Thank you DocCarl...I will try to update this thread if anything changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom