FOX7 Aquarena Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had to clean the camera housing that morning, so that the camera could get a good shot. It had covered up with algae pretty good in just two weeks. This means the thing is gonna need a good cleaning every week or so. All the more reason to volunteer your time at Aquarena.

Good point Mack.

Remind everyone when cleaning to use a soft cloth. Please be careful not to scratch the Plexiglas housing. There is no way to fix that.

Thanks again for everyone support and help the last month.

Sylvia has a big heart and spending time with us in the dive locker did put a smile on her face and ours.

Shawn

Check out the video's and new index page at:

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

A lot of you made it on the 2 new videos or the credits for your help and assistance during the launch. Let me know what you think about what you said.

One video is a behind the scenes with Sylvia Earle and the Science Divers and the other is Science Divers react to UW cam.

I thinks its pretty cool. I will wait to hear your feedback.

Shawn

Shawn....I have been delinquent in CONGRATULATING you on getting the 'cam' in and operating....very cool!!

Here is the location of the index page for UW cam:
myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Here is the list of available videos on the website:

MyFox Austin | FOX 7 Launches Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center
MyFox Austin | Underwater Web Cam Unveiled at Aquarena's Deep Hole
MyFox Austin | Renowned Underwater Researcher Dr. Earle Remarks on Web Cam
MyFox Austin | Divers Remark on UW Web Cam

And if that wasn't enough coverage for the divers, I have finally completed a DVD of the event with behind the scenes insight by Sylvia Earle. This is the longest video at 17 minutes in length capturing the essence of the experience we shared that day in March.

How do I get these DVD's to the divers at no cost?

I will be at Windy Point Private Saturday morning doing a class. If you are there and want a DVD of the event, stop by and see me for your copy. No charge.

Wish I had it ready Sunday for the people I saw at the Aquarena Clean UP, but I did not finish it until last night with something that I could get closure on.

It was a low cost, no cost production expect memories and friends on camera for historical value for your family and friends. Nothing fancy.

Regards,

Shawn O.

Wow that's great and I can't wait to see the full edition!

Thanks Shawn for all your work putting this together, it culminated into great moments to remember and you've made it that much easier. It was fun to watch you in action, the TV stuff, the idea, make, and install of the web was a real feat, and one you beat :D

Wow that's great and I can't wait to see the full edition!

Thanks Shawn for all your work putting this together, it culminated into great moments to remember and you've made it that much easier. It was fun to watch you in action, the TV stuff, the idea, make, and install of the web was a real feat, and one you beat :D

Zinc you get a special DVD for being the poster boy of the camera when we installed it. Don't let anyone else get the one with your name on it.

Kinda like your diving...........real special..........:D

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

We have found the suspect for taking out the underwater camera this week. :shakehead:

You can see his picture here: myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Yes it's true this varment attacked and ate the cable. We have pulled the system out of the water, it is being repaired.

The plan if all the testing goes well is to get it back in the water this weekend, and up and running. Will see if we make that goal.

Regards,

Shawn

varmit.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom