FOX7 Aquarena Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status report on the Aquarena underwater web camera. It is in position and working. It should be on the web later this week and I will send out the URL for anyone who wants to check it out.
I have listed all my notes and emails into the line up for the day of the ceremony with Sylvia and the ribbon cutting at Aquarena below.
Please forgive me if I missed you and left you off the list. Contact me and I will get it fixed, things have been very busy in my schedule.
Making a mistake is not out of the question. Contact me directly.
I want to thank everyone ahead of time for their continued support and assistance to make this a value to our community.

March 26th Dive Team line up

Executive Producer
Shawn O’Shea

Diving Supervisor
Paul Murphy

Safety Divers
Charles Machacek (Mack)
Brandon Cook

Production Assistant
John Andrews

UW camera diver for Dive Team 1
Gary Tucker (Sony HD cameraman)

UW camera diver for Dive Team 2
Hunt Armistead (PD150 cameraman)

UW camera diver for Dive Team 3
Bill Crowley UW camera person)

UW camera diver for Dive Team 4
John Lindsey

Dive Staging Coordinator
Jeff Eichelberger

Divers and presenters(Science for Diving stations)
Linda Gruben
Bill and Steven O’Grady
Brian Broussard
Brenda Reagan
Mike Graves
Bill Holt
Tom Bizzel
Ed Santiago
Chase McGuire
Pete Bellino

Adding the following divers:
Kerry Cowlisha

You can check out the underwater camera at Aquarena springs on this website until it is moved to an index page in the next week.

Underwater Webcam

Since it is a temporary location on the web it is unofficial, but I thought some of you might want to check out the progress early.

Thanks to everyone involved for their volunteer work, and I look forward to the participation at the Sylvia Earl presentation Wednesday March 26th.

Regards,

other info:

Time Magazine’s first “Hero for the Planet”
Dr. Sylvia Earle

will be on campus March 26th and 27th

Famed as an underwater researcher, Dr. Earle has been called a “living legend” by the Library of Congress. She is a National Geographic Explorer in Residence and a Board Member of the Texas State Department of Geography’s James and Marilyn Lovell Center for Environmental Geography and Hazards Research.

Author of over 150 publications, she has lectured in more than 60 countries, appeared in hundreds of television productions and has been director of over 60 diving expeditions. As president of Deep Search International and chair of the advisory council for the Harte Research Institute Gulf of Mexico Studies, her current work focuses on marine ecosystems.

In addition to officially dedicating Spring Lake’s underwater webcam at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 26, at Aquarena Center, Dr. Earle will also give a media presentation on Sustainable Seas: The Vision and the Reality at 8:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 26 at the LBJ Student Center Mall.

Her Lovell Center for Environmental Geography and Hazards Research Distinguished Lecture, A Woman in a Strange World, will be presented at 10:00 a.m. Thursday, March 27, in the Evans Liberal Arts Auditorium.

Admission to all three events is free and open to the public.

You can check out the underwater camera at Aquarena springs on this website until it is moved to an index page in the next week.

It's nice to see the springs from my desk :)

It's nice to see the springs from my desk :)

Thanks to everyone involved for their help, support and efforts it has been a lot of fun.
Let your friends know it is offically out there.

The URL to see on the install video is:
MyFox Austin | FOX 7 Launches Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Springs

The URL to see the underwater camera is:
Underwater Webcam

See everyone who is showing up at 11 AM Wednesday picnic area of Aquarena Springs San Marcos Texas.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

March 26th Dive Roster

The Divers will meet in the picnic staging area of Aquarena at 11 AM. Two exceptions Ed and Peter will be a little late. I have briefed them this week. Dive Briefing begins at 11 AM. Dive Team 1 should be ready to get in the water immediately following the briefing. Paul Murphy (Diving Supervisor) will oversee the diving operation and can stop any dive at any time. Be nice to Paul. Jeff Eichelberger will have the dive roster and be responsible to keep the dive teams on schedule between the staging area, interview area and exit area. Mack and Brandon will be suited up and ready to get in the water at a moments notice directed by Paul Murphy in the event of a dive emergency. Dive Team Leaders are responsible for divers proper buoyancy, making sure no silt stirred up during our portion of event, proper hovering and snorkeling techniques performed by Teams. Jeff will have the Roster and check individual divers in and out of the water, keeping the diving supervisor informed as to the status and times out of the water. This is a timed and coordinated event. Bill and Steven O'Grady have volunteered to hover at deep hole prior to the arrival of the glass bottom boat with Sylvia at The Landing. They will be in position not moving around for about 20 minutes and will use the alternate exit from the water after she passes by. The time for Bill and Steven to enter is when Sylvia leaves the boat landing on the glass bottom boat tour. Remember to use the alternate enter and exit point. Jeff E. will cue Bill and Steven to enter the water and log them in and out on the dive roster. Bill and Steven your exit cue will be when the boat docks at The Landing for ceremony and you will stealthily exit at the alternative location.

The purpose of diving before the ceremony is to allow you (volunteer divers) to dive and check out the underwater web camera placed in deep hole, and allow yourself to be seen underwater on the World Wide Web. The Underwater Videographer in charge of your dive team is responsible for shooting what we call B roll to match up with your topside comments and interviews. We absolutely cannot silt the lake during this dive operation. Be cautious and have fun with it. If you are on camera underwater remember to be a good model of hovering and buoyancy techniques on camera representing at all times the Science for Diving Program at Aquarena Springs. It’s a big day for all of us with Sylvia Earl and the rest of the community watching. Be safe and courteous and definitely let’s have fun together.

Ron Coley the Director at Aquarena Springs is ultimately in charge of the operation and facility. He has the final say and can change anything we have planned at Aquarena. Ron reports to Texas State University and the River Institute. All eyes will be on Texas Wednesday.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your participation, patience, cooperation and efforts this coming Wednesday.

Diving Supervisor
Paul Murphy

Safety Divers
Charles Machacek (Mack)
Brandon Cook

Production Assistant
John Andrews

Dive Staging Coordinator
Jeff Eichelberger

In the water no later than 11:25 AM______________________________________________________________

UW camera diver for Dive Team 1
Dive Team Leader Gary Tucker (Sony HD cameraman)

Buddy Team 1a
Linda Gruben
Kerry Cowlishaw

Buddy Team 1b
Chase McGuire
Tom Bizzel

In the water no later than 11:45 AM_________________________________________________________________

UW camera diver for Dive Team 2
Dive Team Leader Hunt Armistead (PD150 cameraman)

Buddy team 2a
Brenda Reagan
Brian Broussard

Buddy Team 2b
Bill and Steven O'Grady

In the water no later than Noon__________________________________________________________________

UW camera diver for Dive Team 3
Dive Team Leader Bill Crowley (UW camera person)

Buddy team 3a
Mike Graves
Bill Holt

Buddy team 3b
Ed Santiago
Peter Bellino

In the water no later than 12:30 PM __________________________________________________________________

UW camera diver for Dive Team 4
Dive Team Leader John Lindsey
Shawn O'Shea (UW camera person)

Buddy team 4a
Paul Murphy
Mack

Buddy team 4b
Brandon Cook
John Andrews
Jeff Eichelberger

Shawn, concerning your last roster post...Roger that.

I'll be there at 09:00 on Wed.

OK, it is a big success. Thank you to everyone participating. We were in the top 5 stories on the web this weekend. I would like to be number one.

Please have your friends check out the behind the scenes URL and the underwater camera URL listed below.

More hits on the web is better.

Behind the scenes video on the web URL:

MyFox Austin | FOX 7 Launches Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Springs

the underwater camera URL:

Underwater Webcam

See everyone who's attending the ceremony on Wednesday.

Dear Volunteers above and below the waterline,

I have had a lot of people cancel. We will miss those that wanted to be with us on this historic day with Sylvia Earl, but could not make it.

You can watch the ceremony live on myfoxaustin.com

Last minute instructions are easy and simple. Just like the day tomorrow.

Grab your gear, bring some air, bring some snacks and water or something to drink.

Be ready for a lot of media coverage. Make the 11 AM dive briefing in the staging area where the picnic tables are. Set up on the picnic table side, the other will be for Satellite trucks and other media vehicles. The ceremony will be on the lawn at the front door to the Landing entrance.

Ron Coley is getting us Pizza and Deli sandwiches around 4-6 PM after the ceremony for those who volunteered.

I am bringing donuts for the dive briefing. A little enticement.

There are certain rules to remember at Texas State University:

Have FUN and no alcohol (There will be University Police at the event).

Really big day for the Diving for Science Program and the community. Thanks again for your help and assistance. I look forward to seeing everyone in the morning. Be Safe.

Shawn O'Shea
512-968-8278

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom