Four Hours to Kill In Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't bother trying to go anyplace in 4 hours. And I don't think I'd want to snorkel then deal with being wet and salty without a hotel room, before getting on another plane.

It's not a bad little airport, have a bite to eat, read a book, watch stuff from the viewing area on the second floor. 4 hours will go fast enough. I don't know if the bar & restaurant upstairs is reopened or if they still have the temporary one outside? (In any event either of those is better than the snack bar in the departure lounge, so eat before security if you really want food.)

I don't think they check any bags through, maybe if it was all Cayman Airways and you were going to the Brac. But certainly not to LC there's no customs there. And you probably won't be able to check bags onto the inter-island flight that early.

I agree with Damselfish. You can't really get out of the airport, get a cab and go anyplace exciting and get back in time to make your connection. I was just in GC two weeks ago and to say that the traffic was a pain and the lines at the airport were very long and slow would be an understatement. When I left to come back home it took me 1:30 just to check in and clear security. Go to the bar upstairs and have a couple of cocktails that's your best bet.

The upstairs restaurant is not open yet. They are still operating the temporary one outside. We were with Joe this last Saturday. The restaurant was pretty busy at times. Our layover was about 8 hours, which gave us plenty of time. The Botanical Gardens were worthwhile, but it takes 40 minutes or so to get there. If you only have four hours, you're actually pushing it, because you should be there 2 hours before departure and the lines to check in and get through security can be long. The place was a zoo this last Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom