Found off Service Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2TH DIVR

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
031.jpg

Found this hook with 12' wire leader (I could open my garage door with this stuff) attached to what must be 100# mono, off Service Club 8/14.
Someone is looking for something big.:jaws:

I was speaking with a fellow last Wednesday who stated that he had seen many sharks off Venice Beach while diving. He also said he was a pilot and sees many large sharks from the air in the water between sandbars........

I've been diving there a few years now and I can thankfully say I've only seen two small nurse sharks and a barracuda. The biggest thing I've seen while diving venice is what must have been about a 10' spotted eagle ray.

In hundreds of dives off Venice beach, I have yet to see a shark there. I know they're there but have never seen one.

In hundreds of dives off Venice beach, I have yet to see a shark there. I know they're there but have never seen one.

It seemed odd that the fellow telling me of his many encounters was the only one I have ever heard of.

I've only seen one at S.Brohard. Before entering the water I had a gentleman tell me that he had caught & released a 4 ft Blacktip earlier that morning. During my dive I spotted a small shark near the shallower edge, laying on the bottom, by one of the blocks. The viz was not good enough for me to confirm that it was a Blacktip but the shape was definitely not that of a Nurse. A friend of mine from FWC said that it was probably dying because they normally don't lay on the bottom like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom