Found him ~3 miles out after an hour of searching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to have your own SMB at all times when diving. If not, then certainly something that can be inflated on the surface to show location.
I don't leave the dock without my SMB.

Nice to have your own SMB at all times when diving.
Nothing personal in this remark but only a fool would dive without one in the ocean or a lake large enough for boats. This has been my opinion for the 23 years I've been diving.

So that's, what?.......
You just called 95% of divers, fools?

Other than the DM's, I don't recall too many divers with dsmb's. Maybe 1, every other boat ride. Even less than that.

Other than the DM's, I don't recall too many divers with dsmb's. Maybe 1, every other boat ride. Even less than that.
You're not on the right boat...or just didn't notice.

I'd say that about 35~65% of the divers on Aldora, 3P, and Liquid Blue have a DSMB. I'd agree that maybe one diver launches a DSMB every other dive, because that's exactly what I try to do, to keep in practice.

You're not on the right boat...or just didn't notice.

I'd say that about 35~65% of the divers on Aldora, 3P, and Liquid Blue have a DSMB. I'd agree that maybe one diver launches a DSMB every other dive, because that's exactly what I try to do, to keep in practice.
Don't bother with this guy. He intentionally leaves safety gear on the boat just becasue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom