Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I'm almost embarassed to say...no. I snorkel and free-dive frequently, especially when hunting spiny lobsters, but I have a sinus issue that prevents me from equalizing. Even while lobstering, 10 ft is my max before it's unbearable. I've been puting off the surgery. Kinda blasphemous, considering I live on the water in the Keys, only a few miles from Looe Key, huh?

WOW! We're almost neighbors!
MM32...Big Pine Key :D
You are so lucky to live in an area where you can enjoy the reef without having to dive...there's no need, since you can enjoy it just as well with snorkeling! It's such a great reef!
FYI: I have issues with equalizing as well, and the pain can be ridiculous. Like you, I don't want to have surgery. With a lot of practice (and antibiotics for the resulting ear infections) I am slowly getting better! My wonderful Doctor in Marathon assures me that practice makes perfect! The more I do it, the better it gets.
Best of luck to you...you deserve it!

I too just read the story on Yahoo, saw the video and read the whole thread. Thank you to all involved. Great story, cool pics and video.

I may learn to be a "newbie diver" soon as I recently found a diving place right in my town in a flooded limestone quarry, and I am very interested in learning. I will look around the forum now, thank you again.

"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 456 (29 members and 427 guests)"

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

EDIT:

I too just read the story on Yahoo, saw the video and read the whole thread. Thank you to all involved. Great story, cool pics and video.

I may learn to be a "newbie diver" soon as I recently found a diving place right in my town in a flooded limestone quarry, and I am very interested in learning. I will look around the forum now, thank you again.

Watch out, SCUBA is addicting... :D

I too found this story on Yahoo news, watched the youtube link, read the description, and followed the link here. I read the entire thread, and I'm amazed at everyone. It was really cool to see how mysteries like this can be solved with a lot of goodwill and networking. Bravo to Aquahound and everyone else who helped!

The thing that makes this story even cooler for me is that I'm actually a (very inexperienced) diver, too, though I haven't been diving since I got certified. :( I'll have to change that!:D

It's picking up steam: Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 771 (24 members and 747 guests)

I've been a diver for a long time but just found this board thanks to the news feeds! Aparently, I do live under a rock.

Aquahound, welcome to your 15 minutes of fame! You deserve every minute of it!

It's going to get crazy around here!

Cheers!

What a great thread. I can't believe I am just discovering this now. Amazing detective work. We should bring back the "thanks" button just for Aquahound and his gang of sleuths. (And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you gang of meddling kids)

Back
Top Bottom