Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too saw the article on Yahoo News and decided to read the blog. I was so fascinated by the story that I registered with scubaboard so I could read the whole thing and see the pictures. I was up until 4:30 last night reading it all.
:lol:​
Surprisingly, the tail number of the Continental airplane can not be found in FAA's registry. It reads like N78?8?. (I can not post the FAA registry link because I am a new user. You can google it.)
Did you, uh, finish the story yet...? :D

Welcome to SB both of y'all...

Last edited:
+1 more to complement Paul (aka AquaHound) for extending such a wonderful gesture.

I came to hear about this amazing story posted in my local Seattle paper. I had to seek out the YouTube video and read the description which brought me here to this forum. Following the bread crumb trail, if you will. Even though I knew the story's great ending from the news article, I felt compelled to read this entire thread – an immense thrilling :popcorn: two hours too! – to learn every detail of how the saga unfolded over time. This was akin to curling up with a good book... suspenseful, lightly sprinkled with some antagonistic points leading to a great ending. Near the end of the thread I had hoped the owners of the camera would post on this forum so it was a very nice bonus to read those comments when they did. It's just too bad the turtle couldn't comment too.

Anyhow, I look forward to reading and perhaps seeing some photos of your upcoming meeting with Mr. de Bruin to add to this already great endeavor. The story wouldn't be complete without it!

Thank you again Paul for sharing this beautiful journey with the world and being such a fantastic ambassador on behalf of those who helped you. Additionally, thanks to everyone else who aided with the sleuthing as it wouldn't have been possible without your assistance!

Warmest regards,
Rio / Seattle, WA

P.S. I joined this forum exclusively to read and comment. I too do not dive nor certain if I could muster the courage. Seattle is located next to the Puget Sound, which is considered one of the most beautifully diverse areas of sea life for divers to explore. The only way I can view a small fragment of what is all around me is either from friend's videos of their dives and/or from our local underwater tourist aquarium.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, the tail number of the Continental airplane can not be found in FAA's registry. It reads like N78?8?. (I can not post the FAA registry link because I am a new user. You can google it.)

The Continental Boeing 737-824 is registered by WELLS FARGO BANK NORTHWEST NA TRUSTEE, not Continental. One month after this picture was taken, the airplane has a brakes problem. ht t p: // avherald.com / h?article=424f599d&opt=4096

I've been following this thread (Great work everyone!) from the beginning, and just saw the story on my local FOX morning news! Sadly they didn't give credit to Scubaboard :depressed: They spoke of the pictures being posted "on the internet" and wondered how the camera owners saw the pictures. It would have been such a better story with all the information included!

Holy Schnikeys! The youtube video has over 728,000 views already.

Hang on everybody! It's going viral!

Ike aka "The Police ain't got nothing on you guys with their 'message in a bottle'"

Holy Schnikeys! The youtube video has over 728,000 views already.

Hang on everybody! It's going viral!

Ike aka "The Police ain't got nothing on you guys with their 'message in a bottle'"

And someone else has loaded a shorter version for some reason....

AH, file a complaint for international copyright violations...!