Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what they were diving on. It's a huge ship's anchor. They were on this spot both days. There was a lot of activity involved with this anchor. The activity on the videos is what I'm keeping to myself for now to prove ownership.

It's been a few eons, but I'd say it's Tugboat Wreck, judging just from the locale of the shore entry.

We'll bill you :wink:

Jax ... Sorry, was just putting out the potential headline

No worries, you can fly me to Aruba so I can find the owner! :D

I suggest starting a Facebook group if search results grind down to a halt. (Let's keep it on Scubaboard, we don't want to share credit now don't we? :eyebrow:)

Fabulous thread! I'm hooked. I sent the link to a friend of mine who works at Ikelite.
I love seeing the posts from everyone. Very heart-warming to know people care!

The Ikelite casing is in great shape. Granted, I cleaned off much of the growth, but it is still usable. These pics show the casing and the camera that was inside. Not bad for drifting 6 months and enduring at least one marine animal attack.

Attachments

• P1000895.jpg
    P1000895.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 816
  • P1000894.jpg
    P1000894.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 710
Ikelite guy here! email me if you find a serial # on housing, camera type and I will check to see if the registration card was sent in. Looks like a coolpix L18? I might be able to track by camera serial #.

The camera is a Nikon Coolpix L18. Sorry, there is no s/n on the housing.

All I make out of the back stenciling is a L..TE, with the octopus logo. That's how we new Ikelite. Underneath, there is ...A....ct. There is something else on a third line, but that is almost completely scratched out.

Attachments

• P1000896.jpg
    P1000896.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 739
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom