Found a 6" Meg tooth today at Venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm game for a Peace river scouting mission/dive. I won't be in the area over Thanksgiving but am up for the following weekend (or any other weekend I'm available).

The Florida Fossil Hunter Permit is 5.00 and you can get the application at the link below:

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/vertpaleo/vppermit.htm

Also, the book Fossil Diving by Robert Sinbaldi lists sites for fossil hunting. There are a number of spots along the Peace river listed.

Brian

The only spot on the Peace River that I have been is the public area there in Arcadia. We used a shovel and a sieve and found a few teeth and some scutes. There is a campground and boat ramp right there where we could set up a "base camp" for a couple of days if everyone was interested. My email address is wddeke@tampabay.rr.com. Give me a call if we want to get serious on this.

I seem to have spurred the interest of a gentleman here at work who is a fossiler and diver, though he hasn't done any diving in a while. He's done fossiling up and down the peace river and I've asked him to help with finding a spot to do a dive party/fossil day at.

I'm all about the camp ground. I've been there a few times, but never camped. Perhaps an over night camp/excursion would be fun for a board party. :)

I wanted to scout a few areas first though so at least there was an idea as to where to point people off to for exploring and finding fossils at just such an event. :)

I'm in for a scouting trip. Let me know when, looks like I'm not too busy for the next week or so.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom