Found a 6" Meg tooth today at Venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets plan a weekend in late november or early december and do some scouting. My 16' canoe (with the wide 42" middle girth) makes a great platform to do things from....

Thanksgiving weekend might make a good weekend since people will be off the water and doing other activities (November 27-30).. the weekend following (December 6/7) might not be to bad either.

I have a 16ft Gheenoe with a 15hp Honda on the back. We can pretty much get wherever we want, and pretty fast too. I really want to do the Peace River, but have little or no experience in that environment. I have done Venice with about 4 ft vis, but I can imagine the river could be lower. If it stops raining long enough for the river to go done, the conditions may be suitable in November. Just let me know, Chris.

Must have been the culprits that left the BIG at least 6-7"Meg tooth on the red diamond signs at the end of the road back when we all had the Wendy/ScubaBoard dive.

On Sunday Myself, Wendy and 8buck went back to the site and saw this tooth attached to the sign. We all knew it could not have been missed when everyone was there on Sat.

Should have took a pic, but it was still raining and wind was blowing pretty good.

CBulla, ReefGuy count me in on the Peace River dive!!!!

Wildbill:cop:

I swear it was bigger than that I promise it was (at least 9 or 10) lol glad your back wild bill

It was at least 6" across. Been real busy at work, started a trial last week that was to be ended by now but the Defense Counsel dosen't know when to quit lying, err.... talking I mean.

8buck did you get my PM? Are you going to try to make the Peace River Dive if we get one going?

Wildbill:cop:

The tooth on the sign lasted until last Sunday. It was there when Lee, Brian and I started our dive, and gone when we got back. Mine was from a different mold, but approx the same size.

If I find this WC guy, I'll let him have the old #2220 back (at a high rate of speed). :D

The gentleman is pretty easy to spot. He's older, has a bright yellow kyak that he transports on a little wooden dolly that can be seen left on the beach. He wears a meg as a necklace charm on his neck to.

I've seen him out there. I didn't realize that was him. I guess if he gives me a ride in his kayak out to the boneyard once or twice, we can call it even :D

Well, when ya'll get ready to go to t Peace post up. I, and maybe my wife , would like to go. We have kayaks for transportation. Its just about there right now.The gage is under 4' at Arcadia and another foot or two and it will be perfect. Which area do you plan on going to. My only previous trip was above Gardner.

It's starting to look like another scuba board party! The only site I know of is the Shell creek site (just of hwy 17, lots of swampy land), and I've never fossil hunted there. Harvo's got more experience with this, hopefully, he'll chime in soon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom