Fossilling with the Chapman's Tuesday, December 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That figures. I swam into those stupid blocks more than once due to the low vis.I crawled all over them trying to figure out how long they were in length.

The blocks are set in about 15 feet of water, a couple hundred yards if that off the beach. not sure of the official reason that they are there, but a guess would be to help promote sea life in the area. The only problem I sea, is that they managed to drop them in the middle of the tooth hunting grounds, and the vis is worse in the area, since the water does not flow quite as well. On the plus side, I did notice that there was less of a surge on the bottom.

The purpose of the blocks, according to Venice officials is reduce beach erosion. I'm not sure they accomplish that but they have reduced the vizibility in that area.

I ll agree with that. And in some areas its making it harder to find teeth since everything is covered in silt.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom