Suggestion Forum for Plus-Size Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
N

newdiver-toronto

I've encountered a lot of hostility and misunderstanding on this board and I think there should be a place where plus-size divers can discuss their concerns without having to deal with the fat phobia that's on the rest of the board. Thank you.

I dunno ... I'm fat, and I've been posting here successfully for a long time. In fact, no one except me has ever made an issue out of my fatness.

If someone has been rude or hostile to you, please report it (using the ! button on the lower left of every post) ... we have rules against that sort of behavior.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm going to say this as nicely as possible, but looking over your posts on other threads, (not just in the Whine & Cheeze forum), many of your postings have been tinged with lacerating sarcasm, or outright hostile in tone. Perhaps the saw cuts both ways? Carrying a chip on your shoulder makes it tough for everyone. Just sayin'...

FWIW...

Fish_Whisperer:
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible, but looking over your posts on other threads, (not just in the Whine & Cheeze forum), many of your postings have been tinged with lacerating sarcasm, or outright hostile in tone. Perhaps the saw cuts both ways? Carrying a chip on your shoulder makes it tough for everyone. Just sayin'...

FWIW...
I agree that I can be sarcastic, or even hostile, but it's never been aimed at someone's appearance. If I have a chip on my shoulder, it's been put there by years of ignorant comments and disgusted looks.

NWGratefulDiver:
I dunno ... I'm fat, and I've been posting here successfully for a long time. In fact, no one except me has ever made an issue out of my fatness.

Gee, Bob, I thought you must look like Tom Cruise the way women love you up around here. :lol2:

Everybody seems to think they need (deserve?) a special forum!

Guess I'll ask for a "One Handed Divers" forum.

redhatmama:
Gee, Bob, I thought you must look like Tom Cruise the way women love you up around here. :lol2:
Actually, I look like Tom Cruise's fat, bald grandfather ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Boy, these calls for special forums are getting out of hand aren't they?

I agree that I can be sarcastic, or even hostile, but it's never been aimed at someone's appearance.
Good humored sarcasm is one thing, but hostility really doesn't belong on this boad at all. I am sorry you feel hostile - but I do not think this is the place to vent it.

Just forget it.

NWGratefulDiver:
Actually, I look like Tom Cruise's fat, bald grandfather ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well you got it all over Tom Cruise. Whatever it is, you ought to bottle it. It just goes to show that looks don't count and it's what's inside that matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom