Forum Dogs :: Internet Bullies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. But judging from how course you tend to come across when you are passionate about I can guess at how it went.

Sent from my pasture using Tabableet 2

I've been banned from anything having to do with a certain dive shop owner in the rocky mountains or a vigilante scuba instructor in the PNW. They don't have to delete your posts; they just tell you in advance they are off limits under the guise of stalking. Meanwhile their "attack dogs" (John's words not mine) stalk my threads and you see the "likes" rack up from those you aren't allowed to post to. Sigh....

BTW, I'm not sure democracy is any better. I remember rec.scuba clearly...... Personally I think if everyone dumped their handles and signed in via FaceBook logons and the moderators left everything alone unless it was illegal... that would probably be the best way to go.

Nope. But judging from how course you tend to come across when you are passionate about I can guess at how it went.

Guilty on the chatterton thread...to me it was a moral issue that transcended any "code" on SB. Then the thread ended, and I went into the kinder and gentler posting mode.
In the BHB thread, some posters were discussing the viz at BHB, and I mentioned how I wanted to get some of the scientists to look at the possibility that having SEVERAL MARINE CONSTRUCTION SITES creating "legal levels of turbidity" at the testing points at each site, may all combine downstream to reach a much higher and dangerous level of turbidity...as has been evidenced by the worse vis at BHB in a decade, for many months straight, and by a large die off of sponges and hydroids--which meant many nudibrancs and other macro life was destroyed..... ReckDiver took offense, as if he has ties to marine construction or whatever, and began very antagonistic posting, actually language that in real life would precipitate a fight.... I remained polite, and politely responded.....Because I responded at all, I was banned. This is fact, ask anyone that was in the thread.

Correction...I was reporting on what actually was happening, in direct contradiction to some major revisionism...
Scubaboard does not really get revisionistic, "some" of the moderators just decide they have the RIGHT to create a zero tolerance policy, when it suits them. And there you are, just having a mild discussion, and suddenly you are banned without warning from the BHB thread.... I'm not very happy about this trend.

Well, I wasn't very happy about that thread ending up in The Pub. We got all manner of strangers wandering in there and expecting the "regulars" to behave. Apparently some folks don't go into pubs very often ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, I wasn't very happy about that thread ending up in The Pub. We got all manner of strangers wandering in there and expecting the "regulars" to behave. Apparently some folks don't go into pubs very often ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You used the words "behave" and "pub" in the same sentence. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom