forum access and posting is REALLY slow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeffG:
I can't see how the games forum eats up a lot of bandwidth.
Look at the post counts of the top 5 threads in that forum that have been posted to in the past 24 hours. Total them up.

MOF has taken on a life of it's own, and it does use a lot of bandwidth, but it's a good thread as far as providing enjoyable conversation and interaction for the SB community. Surface Interval's bandwidth I think is well used, unlike the aforementioned Games forum.

MSilvia:
Look at the post counts of the top 5 threads in that forum that have been posted to in the past 24 hours. Total them up.

MOF has taken on a life of it's own, and it does use a lot of bandwidth, but it's a good thread as far as providing enjoyable conversation and interaction for the SB community. Surface Interval's bandwidth I think is well used, unlike the aforementioned Games forum.

Welcome to MOFBoard

Enjoy your search for Scuba content.

Bring a reel.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Welcome to MOFBoard
We do have a plan. First Scubaboard...then the world.

dlndavid:
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Ken, you should post in the Giant Stride thread, your avatar could be an alternative entry. :D
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=136445

3 or 4 times today, SB has timed out, refused to move, blah blah blah...

This is just sad. The once mighty SB now suffering from AOL-ism of a few years ago. Rolling brown outs, very unreliable, slow, ACK.

Its too frustrating to hang out. I'll snipe in later (maybe after 2:00 AM) - by then they would have had time to change the hampsters that keep this place limping along.

OY.

---
Ken

MSilvia:
In other words, the Humor, Games, Clips, Yarns & Tales posts are keeping those of us who actually want to talk about diving from doing so? I don't mind other folks wasting time... until it wastes mine. Not that my opinion means squat, but wouldn't it make sense to increase available bandwidth by eliminating "noise"? I mean, it's scubaboard, not stupidgameboard.

Actually I was saying the opposite. Dandy Don implied that those forums were harming the board, my response was that they were not. Every post has some impact but those areas are not single handily causing anything to break.

Because that is not the issue I don't see a whole lot of reason to have this debate and as such I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom