forum access and posting is REALLY slow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSilvia:
Because, as I said, I enjoy the diving discussion, and talks with people whom I enjoy talking with. From your comment, I take it you spend a lot of time at parties talking to people who don't say anything you find interesting? They must be really good parties.
No...What I'm saying is you cannot separate the dive related posting from the non-dive related posting. If you kill the the non-dive related posting, the dive related posting will follow.

MSilvia:
Yes, really. It's amazing that I constantly find new and interesting diving topics to discuss on scubaboard, given that everything's already been covered.

What I hear you saying is that you think all of the interesting new threads on scubaboard are unrelated to diving, and that the board would be just as useful if not better if it was archived and turned into an unfocused chat room. I couldn't agree less.
I was being facetious

JeffG:
No...What I'm saying is you cannot separate the dive related posting from the non-dive related posting. If you kill the the non-dive related posting, the dive related posting will follow.
I'm not suggesting getting rid of non-dive-related posting, although you keep mentioning that. What I'm suggesting is that we keep, and even encourage, those forums EXCEPT for the games forum, which eats up a ton of bandwith with posts about NOTHING.

Can we get DD to chime in on this?

I don't see why we have to get rid of anything...Why can't SB do what they need to do (Whatever that may be :D) to fix the problem?? I enjoy all aspects of this board, would hate to lose any of it!

We don't have to... I was just suggesting that we wouldn't have the problems we've been experiencing without the "typing to hear the keys click" forums. Buying more capacity so we can keep everything as is should work fine. Fixing systemic bloating problems with more/better hardware has a long and proven track record. Just ask Microsoft.

ok, i have a solution: post quota

anyone who has more than a certain amount of posts can't post anymore until
the quota catches up

:33:

no, actually, i don't like this idea at all

MSilvia:
What I'm suggesting is that we keep, and even encourage, those forums EXCEPT for the games forum, which eats up a ton of bandwith with posts about NOTHING.
I can't see how the games forum eats up a lot of bandwidth.

I could see how the MOF thread would. Lots of pictures are posted and lots of people are posting.

But it (the MOF thread) for the most part is dive related. (There are more underwater shot posted in there, than in the outside forum). It just doesn't really have a subject. Its a stream of consciousness type thread.

Jeff, you're about to exceed your quota

Tech Admin:
The speed problems have to do with overall volume increases we have seen and with summer coming, it's not over yet.
Just curious, what percentage of these volume increases are non-dive related?

El Orans:
Just curious, what percentage of these volume increases are non-dive related?
How in god's green earth would you be able to figure that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom