forum access and posting is REALLY slow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech Admin:
Actually that forum has little to do with the issue. The speed problems have to do with overall volume increases we have seen and with summer coming, it's not over yet.
In other words, the Humor, Games, Clips, Yarns & Tales posts are keeping those of us who actually want to talk about diving from doing so? I don't mind other folks wasting time... until it wastes mine. Not that my opinion means squat, but wouldn't it make sense to increase available bandwidth by eliminating "noise"? I mean, it's scubaboard, not stupidgameboard.

MSilvia:
In other words, the Humor, Games, Clips, Yarns & Tales posts are keeping those of us who actually want to talk about diving from doing so? I don't mind other folks wasting time... until it wastes mine. Not that my opinion means squat, but wouldn't it make sense to increase available bandwidth by eliminating "noise"? I mean, it's scubaboard, not stupidgameboard.
I guess if your Idea of a good board is one without character, you could always go and post on the decostop.

I take it your idea of "character" is 30,000 one word posts that have nothing to do with anything dive-related or otherwise? I guess my Scrabble players dictionary must have a lot more character than I give it credit for. I'm all for conversation and "community", but there's a lot of bandwidth here wasted on useless key-wanking. MOF is one thing... the "Games" are another altogether.

actually, the truth is, i have put a mighty powerful hex on the servers
(it's called the triple black chicken voodoo hex of doom curse).

for a small fee, i can lift the hex...

i want ....

one MILLION DOLLARS!

Would you like that in small bills Andy? :D

MSilvia:
I take it your idea of "character" is 30,000 one word posts that have nothing to do with anything dive-related or otherwise?
The people that are responsible for those posts. Yes.

MSilvia:
Pennies... he wants it in pennies.

hard to trace pennies, ain't it?

on the other hand, paying for a TV set in pennies sucks

i'll take it in unmarked quarters

JeffG:
The people that are responsible for those posts. Yes.
I agree that there are a lot of interesting characters here, but crap is still crap regardless of who posts it. IMHO, that forum is less than worthless, and the board would still be fun, still have character, and still run better without it.

MSilvia:
I agree that there are a lot of interesting characters here, but crap is still crap regardless of who posts it. IMHO, that forum is less than worthless, and the board would still be fun, still have character, and still run better without it.
We will have to agree to disagree. Its easy to avoid the posts if you don't like them and if all off-topic chatter was suppressed, you would be left with a lifeless carcass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom