Forty Fathoms, Sun., Mar 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobahdood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Peeps, If anybody is interested in getting wet, a few of us are heading up to Forty Fathoms Grotto with Jim, instructor/owner, from Scuba Haven. Let's us know as soon as you can if you want to go, so we can get a head count. $50 person and only a few spots left in the group.

Yep - $50 is correct. I was recently there and that's what I had to pay. They have replaced the old stairs with new ones and now provide free refills on reg air and small lunch (like hotdogs).

The way I look at it is it would cost me 6-8 dollars for 1 air fill (x2 tanks) and 2-3 dollars for the hotdogs so if I subtract that from $50 i get $31 -$36 for the dive itself.

If you don't care about the small lunch and your store fills your tanks for free then $50 would seem high.

Thanks PolarbearBen!! :D

When you went, was there some special event happening, i.e. "Dive Rite Days" or was that just a normal day with them giving free air refills and hotdogs lunchs? I never heard that before and one would think somebody would have mentioned it because it sounds very cool of them to do!!

Nothing special. Just four ugly guys diving. We dove on March 8th and the Dive Rite event was on March 15 -16th.

I think they threw in the Hot Dogs and Free Airfills to justify the new $50 registration. Stinks that you can't just pay for the diving and not the hotdogs and refills.

I just tried to call them and the girl in the office could not confirm nor deny the free regular air fills (other blends had a fee attached). The person that knew the answer was not in the office and they would have to call me back.

Nothing special. Just four ugly guys diving. We dove on March 8th and the Dive Rite event was on March 15 -16th.

I think they threw in the Hot Dogs and Free Airfills to justify the new $50 registration. Stinks that you can't just pay for the diving and not the hotdogs and refills.

I just tried to call them and the girl in the office could not confirm nor deny the free regular air fills (other blends had a fee attached). The person that knew the answer was not in the office and they would have to call me back.

From another ugly guy, thanks for the info! :D

I just got a call back from the staff (Amy) and they left me a message saying the $49.95 registration did NOT include free air fills. Now that is a bummer since 3 weeks ago I was told there would be.

I like 40FG just as much as the next guy but $50 entrance free is a little steep when there are no extra benefits.

I was wondering who could out do Blue Grotto for the diving fee cost.

Still cheaper than a boat ride out to the gulf! Ok, really can't compare the two! :no

Well, somebody has to pay for all the improvements! Ah, who I'm I kidding....it is still a little bit much but I'm still going to get wet! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom