Forty Fathoms, Sun., Mar 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like 40FG just as much as the next guy but $50 entrance free is a little steep when there are no extra benefits.

You should ask them if they have a jar of vasilen on the counter next to the cash register that you can use so it don't hurt to bad going in:shakehead: . I don't know who did their market research for them but they should ask for their money back, unless they asked the research group to come up with a price that would drastically cut the amount of people diving there. If guides/Instructors didn't get in for free with the group I wouldn't dive there at all. I wouldn't pay $50.00 to dive a sink hole it it was the last sink hole open to the public.

I was wondering who could out do Blue Grotto for the diving fee cost.

I thought that was a title Blue Grotto would hold indefinetly, guess all records fall eventually.
Congratulations 40 fathoms on your new title :mooner:

Isn't Ginnie more money than Blue Grotto if you're not cave trained?

Last time I was at Ginnie I think it was 35 bucks for open water. SOOOOOO not worth it but I think Blue Grotto is still more. I only paid 30 at Paradise and it was a better dive than both of the others and closer to the house.

It's $30 for non full cave certified divers. For $30 OW divers can dive a river and 2 springs plus swimming and snorkeling at 4 or 5 more spots. Full dive shop, food, camping and cheap air fills.

That's worth $30 to me (plus I can do the caves) Blue Grotto is $40, no food, very limited dive shop, expensive air fills and no camping.

I'll go to 40FG once just to see but I won't make the trip more than once or twice a year. The same goes for Blue Grotto.

What's odd is I think (know) that the new managers want more OW divers.

The site improvements are great, and they have big plans ahead.

For my $50 they need to include Nitrox and a bag lunch, otherwise I think there are better options.

FYI, I had some 3500 PSI tanks and they only filled them to 3,000...

What's odd is I think (know) that the new managers want more OW divers.

The site improvements are great, and they have big plans ahead.

For my $50 they need to include Nitrox and a bag lunch, otherwise I think there are better options.

FYI, I had some 3500 PSI tanks and they only filled them to 3,000...

Nereus,

I agree the improvements are great! Plus I really like the warm showers they have on the site.

When did you last visit 40FG? When they filled your tanks did they charge you? When I was there in early March they said reg air was included with the $49.95 but when I called this past week the office lady (Amy) said it was not. Do you know the truth?

Thanks.

I thought that was a title Blue Grotto would hold indefinetly, guess all records fall eventually.
Congratulations 40 fathoms on your new title :mooner:

All 40 FG needs now is the BBQ man that USED TO BE at Blue Grotto!

Land Report: I was impressed with all the topside improvements. A lot of new construction and buildings since the last time I was there which as been at least a year. I will add pics later.

Dive Report: Very limited vis, 4-5ft, until about 70-80 ft then it got alot better around 15-20 ft. I'm not real good on vis. est. so take it as you will. :) Water temp at depth was 68 degrees. First dive max dept was 112ft to see the tow sub and boat. Second dive went to 60 ft platform and saw the motorcycle which I'm pretty sure it is a different bike than the one I remember from before. Then went to max of 91ft and looked around on the plane. Overall, a good day of getting wet.

P.S. I want a partial refund cause they didn't serve hotdogs which was on the list for the $50 fee. :( :wink: :D

So tell me, is it true what I hear about 40FG? They added fish, that ate all the duck weed and now the algae is growing which is making vis drop?

I go Saturday 4/12 for my deep dive for AOW

Narcosis, you going to be there or will you still be doing your IDC?

So tell me, is it true what I hear about 40FG? They added fish, that ate all the duck weed and now the algae is growing which is making vis drop?

I go Saturday 4/12 for my deep dive for AOW

Narcosis, you going to be there or will you still be doing your IDC?

I went there during Tech Days last month and the viz was fine. The fish do keep the duckweed down and I did not see any algae growth. It was the first time I dove there and was able to see the objects placed at depth.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom