Fort Wetherill Viz - what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also wanted to get to the Gooseberry Arches off Gooseberry Island. My fist dive instructor always talked about them and I have seen photos but never had the chance yet to get there.

I have also wanted to get to the Gooseberry Arches off Gooseberry Island. My fist dive instructor always talked about them and I have seen photos but never had the chance yet to get there.
Best to use a kayak or a boat..

@CT-Rich , it would be great to meet up with you some Sunday this summer. @Resqdivemedic , I've also heard great things about the Arches. Was supposed to go there through my LDS in Cumberland last summer but conditions weren't the best, so we went to the pinnacle off Narragansett. Would still love to get to the Arches, though.

Thanks AfterDark, I really appreciate that! I'm hoping to start up again sometime in May, and will be in touch.

Sounds good! I'm suppose to wait until June but we'll go some place where a lot walking is not required. I had my left knee replaced, the MD told me to wait 6 months before carrying heavy loads up and down hills and such.

Best to use a kayak or a boat..

Gooseberry Island is a site like none I've dived in NE. The amount of life and potential of really great vis makes one think magic may be afoot there! My #1 favorite site in NE. I've got a sit on top yak this year and a lot of time off to take. GBI here I come!

Ct-Rich, I wouldn't mind hooking up for a Sunday Dive! When the weather warms!
I also would like to do some weekend dive trips to Dutch Springs, PA.

Afterdark, sounds like you are going to be at kings beach and FTW a lot this season. I hope the knee is mending, I'll give you a call one of these days.

Afterdark, sounds like you are going to be at kings beach and FTW a lot this season. I hope the knee is mending, I'll give you a call one of these days.

As much as I can! I'm hoping to do a lot of yak diving. Diving sites that I haven't been able to dive for a while, like GBI, West Island just off Sakonnet point, Seal Rock, ButterBall Rock, the Dumplings. All the sites that are just out of reach of shore divers. You have a yak also if I'm not mistaken we'll need to make plans.

My knee is GREAT! There's a little swelling left over but 12 weeks post op and I'm doing things I never thought I'd be doing again, at least not without a lot of pain. Even my right knee which is only a little better than my left was is doing good. I've been able to increase the strength and range of motion on both knees. I did have an accident last Sat. that has left me with 15+ stiches in two nasty looking wounds on my left hand, but that'll be healed in a few weeks. The stiches come out tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the best diving season I've had in years!

Back
Top Bottom