fort lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the Air and Sea show, it will be impossible with well over a million people to on the beach on both sat and sun. Sunrise blvd is the center stage area and will not let any divers or swimmers go past chest level for safety reasons..

The best bet is stay out of Ft Lauderale and dive in Pompano or Hollywood as Jenny mentioned...

i'm up for that... i will let the natives make the call and will follow your lead.

i keep saying this in all sorts of posts, but here goes again: after the boat dive we have planned on Saturday (May 1), i am up for a night dive on Saturday, morning diving on Sunday, and early afternoon diving on Sunday.

now that i've seen jenny dive i can't wait to have her show me around her neck of the
woods.

will have to head back around 5:00 p.m. Sunday, though...

H2Andy:
now that i've seen jenny dive i can't wait to have her show me around her neck of the
woods.
My pleasure, after seeing how you dive! LOL :D
But I do think that 3 dives in the Keys, driving the 1 1/2 hrs back north, doing a night beach dive then more on Sunday might be a bit ambitious...

snuggle:
..and mike i cant thank you enough for your help..
Hey, we all help out here. You're staying right up the street from where Marvel & I live so don't be a stranger. Still have my cell?

Just one more suggestion/reminder: post days & dives rather than a general header like this... we've learned that you stand a much better chance to get a dive together with at least a date in the thread title - better to have a place and time too but that's not always possible.

Looking forward to meeting at "our place" (downstairs bar/restaurant) for ribs,
Mike

I vote for 12th street in Pompano. Nice shore dive and a short surface swimm to the buoy. The reef starts at the buoy. Not as much parking, but more options for free parking nearby.

Rick

I'm up for a dive (or two) in Pompano! Rick, you've got my cell. Keep me posted on any final decisions or changes made this weekend.

MikeJacobs, thanks for the info on how to get a dive together. I see, be less vague and use more specifics.

I'm not going on the trip so I'm all for a night dive, but if that is too much for Saturday, I understand. Just let me know and I'll go!

Nathan

Scuba_Jenny:
I do think that 3 dives in the Keys, driving the 1 1/2 hrs back north, doing a night beach dive then more on Sunday might be a bit ambitious...

yes, you're probably right.

what i will do, then, is try to book myself a night dive
at Key Largo on Saturday, then meet the group for
the Sunday morning beach dive at the appointed place!

guys, i will need to rent a tank for the Sunday dive,
so any ideas on where to do so and a convenient place
to get fills is appreciated!

I plan to be in Ft Lauderdale in June and would like to do some shore diving that week. What's the liklihood of finding some dive buddys the week of June 5th - 11th?

I'd say the likelihood is pretty good. Let me know when you get here and we'll plan something.

chuck41:
I plan to be in Ft Lauderdale in June and would like to do some shore diving that week. What's the liklihood of finding some dive buddys the week of June 5th - 11th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom