Fort Lauderdale Lodging/Diving suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdharbis1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good morning Florida conch Divers. It has become very affordable to travel to Ft. Lauderdale from up here in N. Ala. and I would like to take advantage of the opportunity while it exists. I have not been to Ft. Lauderdale and would not know how to begin setting up the lodging and diving in your area.
I don't expect to get 'this is the place to stay' since I know it is a large place. What I guess I want to know is where NOT to spend my time looking. I have been online and there are so many places that say the same thing (everybody is always close' to everything). I would like first hand information about possibly shore diving, charter boat diving, hotels who cater to such.
My wife and I will be flying in FLL and renting a car. Anything is open from there.

Thanks for help!

Randy/Carlotta

Another scubaboard member was down last week and stayed at A Little Inn by the Sea Fort Lauderdale Florida (FL) Hotels - A Little Inn by the Sea
This area has nice shore dives.
Parrot Island Scuba, American Dream, are great dive boats if you want to play on some wrecks.
Fill Express is the best price and service in the area for fills. They also have all the gas any tech diver needs. 954.786.0661
As far as places to eat I will let others answer but we have a nice variety of restaurants in this area.
Be sure to post when you are diving and we will come out to play.
Kim P :wink:

You bet, we always enjoy meeting other divers.
Thanks for the information.

Another scubaboard member was down last week and stayed at A Little Inn by the Sea Fort Lauderdale Florida (FL) Hotels - A Little Inn by the Sea
This area has nice shore dives.
I live right down the street from this place. If I were visting from out of town this is where I would want to stay. I have never stayed there overnight, since I am a local, but I have heard good things about this place. You can't beat the location... you can walk to breakfast, dinner, happy hour (all along the beach) and you can make beach dives right from the hotel. I heard this place is alway busy so if you can't get a room there try for other hotels on the same street (El Mar Drive). El Mar drive is right along the beach which is a great location for any hotel.

I have been on their website and it really does look great. All I have to do now is get everything scheduled with the wife and work. All of you have been a lot of help.

So you can just walk into the ocean from their beach, huh? Excellent!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom