Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, yes, the pipe is on my list.
I always wanted to dive it, but on calm conditions.
I have alot of gear to get down there...DPV, BCD & Camera....small production.

Yes, yes, the pipe is on my list.
I always wanted to dive it, but on calm conditions.
I have alot of gear to get down there...DPV, BCD & Camera....small production.
Why the DPV and the camera?
Just hike down with a single tank and jump in.
Let your fins do the propelling and let your mind take the pictures.

Why the DPV and the camera?
Just hike down with a single tank and jump in.
Let your fins do the propelling and let your mind take the pictures.
I like to get far out as I can and take pictures.
Yeah, I need to just dive it 1st with a GoPro and swim it.

Snorked in the Gualala River few weeks ago. The water very clear and really no current. Of course now it filled up higher and the flow started. Of course the big storms added enough to break through at the Pacific and drop the level by probably 2ft. Funny seeing the seagulls fly up stream a little of the muddy water and the land in the water. Then it would only take a few seconds and then they would be down current approximately 5 mph speed. They take off and repeat. Gonna be a while before and diving these parts. Did find out 50 gusting 70 mph winds pick oranges. Just glad the two in the last week had been ripe enough. Some bigger trees didn't fare as well as the dwarf Valencia orange. Lines down and heard it is from like Portland OR to Santa Barbara CA.

This is not exactly close to Pacific Coast Mendocino County, but cold water immersion in any case.

This was a fund raiser for Special Olympics.

Other:

No scuba diving in this event. I did however in the search online see that a diver did die scuba diving there December 2021.

No info on what happened exactly as much as I could find.

Also prior post on SB

Something about a funnel cloud was supposedly seen that day in the area.

That area has had closure of the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks through March expected. Snow and whatever?

Looking today in the news, Casper Headlands State Beach In Mendocino County California had the County find levels of pollution that forced its closure. Saw that October 17th 2023 measurement has showing today in local news October 22nd 2023 it closed. The EPA Webpage for beach contamination closures not yet showing it yet. Finding this particular Mendocino County Beach Closure on a County or California State Beach webpage still have not seen anything yet. Maybe I am not seeing it, but would like to know when anyone else can find it showing besides in online news. Not planning on going diving there soon, but just want to keep informed.

Looking today in the news, Casper Headlands State Beach In Mendocino County California had the County find levels of pollution that forced its closure. Saw that October 17th 2023 measurement has showing today in local news October 22nd 2023 it closed. The EPA Webpage for beach contamination closures not yet showing it yet. Finding this particular Mendocino County Beach Closure on a County or California State Beach webpage still have not seen anything yet. Maybe I am not seeing it, but would like to know when anyone else can find it showing besides in online news. Not planning on going diving there soon, but just want to keep informed.
Found a phone number to call 707-234-6627 Mendocino County Ocean Beach Monitoring Hotline.

Last sample taken I think was on 10-17-23 and they say next sample will be on 10-24-23 which is today.

*** Fixed Typo, looks like 1 week apart sample for the current testing that I am hearing. ***

It did say Casper Headlands State Beach Is closed currently. Hope this next sample is clearing the waters, as so to speak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom