Force Fins ...Honest Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with Quattros. Borrowed Jets and Biofins occasionally to try out. Now, I'm using the FF Tan Delta. It suits my diving needs best. Excellent control, easy to fight current, light, compact. Whatever finning style I can do with Quattro and Jet, I can do with FF. But to go fast and less effort, the finning style showed in FF website (modified flutter) is still the way to go. To me, less effort and superb control made me most happy with these fins.

Before buying by TDFF, I tried out the non-tan delta FF. It felt effortless but still propels excellently. I believe this "effortless-ness" made many divers go "this fin is too floppy, can't feel it at all". Personally, I preferred the TD due to the higher stiffness fin and better fin feel. It's a personal preference. For the other models, it was simply out of my budget.

I must agree that it doesn't perform as well on the surface. For that I much prefer the biofins.

I occasionallyn use FF Pros. I like them for certain types of light tropical diving. They are fast, they flutter kick just fine, frog kick fine, and I can back up with them as well. They are horrible for surface swimming face down---slap--slap--slap. Roll over on the back and they do fine.
Everyone who talks about FF and does not know anything about them starts in on this bicycle kick crap--whatever--I just flutter kick with mine.

I also use, Voit Vikings, Voit UDT and Super jets and a few others including Mares Plana. I enjoy the FF when I am tropical diving with a t shirt and swim suit and not loaded to the gills with dive junk. I like the light, nothing there feel they have and they can produce blistering speed when needed or just gently cruise along and they are comfortable with a fin sock or even barefoot--at least with me.

Still, as I have said before, I am a Jet Fin hipocrit, I run them down constantly but whenever I suspect I may need power, a stable fin, not sure of the conditions or pushing my envelope, you will look down and notice on my feet, Super Jets, size XL. N

Footslogger:
Anyone out there who's used (or now uses) Force Fins feel like commenting on them ??

'Slogger

Trout fishing in my float tubes, its all I use. They are perfect. One way flex, light weight, good design. Perfect for float tubing.

In a million years I could never imagine diving in them.

---
Ken

After I tried them, I couldn't go back to other fins. Unlike close-toed fins, they use your upper leg, not your lower leg to kick. Because of this, I have never had a cramp with them. They're very easy to don, but harder to doff, as they suck on to your foot during the dive. Once I dove without a strap and the fin stayed on the whole dive, and was hard to pull off. You can even walk forward in them. Check out forcefins.com and read about them in more detail. I will never dive with any other fins.

I used a pair for about 6 dives. I would have quit at one but I wanted to be absolutely sure I hated them and I did.
Could not frog kick to save my life. They seemed to work best when lying on my back on the surface. Flutter kick seems to be their strong point but I rarely use it.

Thanks for all the feedback. I expected both positive and negative comments and was interested more in why divers liked them (or not). I have a pair on the way (originals) and plan to see for myself. It'll be an interesting test for someone who has used only USD Rocket Fins for the past 30 years.

'Slogger

better late than never? i've tried them all and for MY type of warm water - 3mm Key Largo diving.... nothing beats them.... easy on - light weight - not as much 'rubber' to kick on the reef.... swim backwards..... these fins have it all!

While in the pool today someone had a set of Force fins and let me try them. They had far greater propulsion than anything I have ever put on. But they felt really wierd, I can't explain why, they just didn't feel right. The size was just a tad bit small which may be part of it, but it wasn't that far off.

Standing up in them, granted something you don't do for very long normally, was down right uncomfortable.

Trying them has given me a higher level of respect for them, they do what everyone says they will, even if they look funny.

Could it be those funny looking fins that strap onto your shins would work too. The thought of being able to climb out of the water without taking off my fins made me look at those several times at DEMA. Couldn't bring myself to buy any though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom