Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always like to go with the FLOW. Force Fin was making waves in the Diving Market, while in calm lakes Float Tube Fly Fisherman were raving about our performance. Easy to walk in and less leg cramps and small size. So I went up to check out this new market...even took my Underwater camera to capture the action. Even purchase a tube from one of our great FlyFishing dealers like Bob Marriotts Fly Fishing Gear & Equipment | Fly Fishing Store Bob Marriott's and FISHING – Force Fin

Attachments

• xx-34.jpg
    xx-34.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 88
  • xx-33.jpg
    xx-33.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 93
My friend Skip Dunham liked his Pro Force fins.but Skip liked to hunt for Halibit at special spots around Santa Cruz Island. A stringer hanging off my boat Utra Vez. He asked me to make a bigger Force Fin blade, so would handle a 40 plus pound fish. I understood and went into a several years project for the Extra Force Fin. EXTRA FORCE FIN – Force Fin

Attachments

• e-12.jpg-fw.jpg
    e-12.jpg-fw.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 78
Hi Bob !

Don't feel like posting this week ? Hope you're well and you'll soon find time to write the rest of the story. :wink:

Nice to see you're back.

Glad I could talk you down off the ledge. You have lots and lots of friends here.

And we all want to hear/see "jthe rest of the story". :yeahbaby:
A true friend, thanks..found those pat drawings for you..in mail

Attachments

• forcefin-pat004-fw.jpg
    forcefin-pat004-fw.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 71
While scanning to reduce my Skin Diver Magazine collection I found this article. March 1973. After Brooks Institute of Photography here in Santa Barbara I was ready to go...but I had been fooling around with some fin designs while attending Brooks.....Andy McMullen took this picture with infrared film.1971. This was the third model made from fiberglass....hard on the toes. In 1980 I took a hard turn from making a living as a Underwater Photographer to Fin Designer. Laddie Handleman helped make this move...from being underwater almost each day to sweating over fiberglass molds....for the next 25 years. Wonder why I get up in arms..been topside for to long now..let's all plan some Force Fin get together. ? #FORCEFINNERSUNITE We can wear our scuba gear on the plane..?

Attachments

• skin-diver004-fw.jpg
    skin-diver004-fw.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 61
  • skin-diver002-fw.jpg
    skin-diver002-fw.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 62
  • skin-diver003-fw.jpg
    skin-diver003-fw.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 71
  • scan-3-21-2017-clean-resized.jpg
    scan-3-21-2017-clean-resized.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 71
Two Mentors who helped me with Force fins, first of course was our father Gordon B. Evans, Artist. Then Bev Morgan and Bob Kirby. Here is a drawing Bob Kirby did discussing votex generation on a wing. I was working on controling the side slipping of the longer blade Extra Force. Many different concepts for moving water flow and some crazy things that happened. Bottom line while I was fixing winglets on my swim fins Boeing was doing the same on wings...Amazing. And to find out one day at a DEMA show engineers had put Force Fin into a Boeing windtunnel to study lift and winglet vortex pattern for the Stars and Strips hull..so much to tell...later.

Attachments

• bob-kirby001.jpg-fw.jpg
    bob-kirby001.jpg-fw.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0146-fw.jpg
    IMG_0146-fw.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0170-fw.jpg-fw.jpg
    IMG_0170-fw.jpg-fw.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
  • wings-fw.jpg
    wings-fw.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 57
Many strange things have happend over the years with Force Fins. Our customers are some very interesting folks..let me tell you. At Publisher Ken Loyst Dive show in San Diego...some thing really weird happened. Later today will share..but for now let this be a opening to WATER FLOW.

Attachments

• victor001.jpg-fw.jpg
    victor001.jpg-fw.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom