Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in 1985 Force Fin was growing with Sharper Image Mail order catalog. In one year they did over $900,000 in Force Fin retail sales, with a half of one percent return rate. Sure some did not want and mostly sizing issues. Our Polyurethane plant produced of over 200 pairs of Force Fins per day, and caught the attention of UpJohn. At one point we were using 100,000 pounds per year. Today we use a special formulation made just for us RB-95...this stuff is super expensive. But on the other hand reading this old press release form UPJOHN makes you under stand why. Performance like no other fin made today...and always made in America/USA. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. – Force Fin

Attachments

• upjohn001-fw.jpg
    upjohn001-fw.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 80
  • upjohn002-fw.jpg
    upjohn002-fw.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 85
  • upjohn003-fw.jpg
    upjohn003-fw.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 90
  • upjohn004-fw.jpg
    upjohn004-fw.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 77
Billy Meistrell Jr. had some cool folks using Force Fins for training..pool training with vertical hard kicks. The Force Fin was opening up to many water sports activities, Body Surfing, Swim training, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving and Float Tubing....but we had some folks who were bound to take us down with FAKE REPORTs..nothing new really..Like Mark Twain stated " Don't mess with the Press, for they have barrels of Ink" This subject will be covered at the right time. All the legal files are here in my Santa Barbara Office. To be honest with everyone, it was such a waste of our time having to put out all the fires..but when your on the TOP someone will tear you down, a natural process. We are stronger today with a great Production crew in the USA...a making Force Fins each day...and we are Blessed to still be around after 40 years now. We have a Future with many fin designs all boxed up ready to go when the right time comes.

Attachments

• bodyglove001.png-fw.png
    bodyglove001.png-fw.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 78
  • bodyglove002-fw.png
    bodyglove002-fw.png
    277.5 KB · Views: 78
  • bodyglove003-fw.png
    bodyglove003-fw.png
    389.6 KB · Views: 71
Sharper Image gave us the sales for Force Fin to take off, at the same time Sales Rep's from one certain scuba company were telling Dive shops if they carried Force Fins, they would be cut off as Dealers..true. As this developed we started getting Bad reviews. But with a half percent return rate, and over $900,00 in sales ..we new we had a winner Fin. The fly fishing market was very positive and we focused energy into this expanding market. Today we still are the best for this market. China started making a cheap look like, once those patents ran out....now things have changed. American made seems to hit a home run again. #ForceFinnersUnite – First Force Fin Dive – Chasing Sea Turtles Diving in Cozumel – Force Fin #FORCEFINNERSUNITE

Attachments

• body-glove016-fw.png
    body-glove016-fw.png
    598.3 KB · Views: 73
  • body-glove017-fw.png
    body-glove017-fw.png
    824.6 KB · Views: 79
Working with Robbie and Billy Meistrell under the Body Glove label sure helped. So when you purchase a pair of Force Fins made in America, you will soon know our 40 year history.

Attachments

• logo003.jpg-fw.jpg
    logo003.jpg-fw.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 62
  • logo004-fw.jpg
    logo004-fw.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 64
In 1985 Susanne discovered that some thing was not right with my pending Force Fin Patents...we were quick to learn my Patent Lawyer did not pay the $75.00 issue fee and force fin Patent had been lost for over a year. Patent office response was tough luck Kid, you are bound by your lawyers' actions....well here you can see Susanne, my wonder wife and Partner reviewing the final ending of legal filngs. The row of boxes behind her.. In the end, we made history as the 2nd people in the Patent system to revive a patent that had been abandoned for more than a year. The 1st were the Wright Brothers with the original airplane patents. - Force FIns and aerospace, not a bad comparison. I have decided to move forward and not get into all the other stuff that really is not important at this point..but I sure remember how hot it was in this warehouse in Los Angeles June, but I was with Susanne. CHESS+EVANS LLC

Attachments

• la-files1.png-fw.png
    la-files1.png-fw.png
    716.1 KB · Views: 52
I've said it already, but will again : write a book about the whole story !

After a couple of years working with Body Glove and watching how Robbie was growing the line faster than ever..... but we had different ideas for Force Fin. So we all worked out a fair deal for Susanne and I to purchase back the Force Fin line. Here is some of the inventory we also purchased at our 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara office. We then move back to into our old space after living in Rick William trailer in the back of the building. John Iwerks moved out to gave us our spot back. We were ready to roll.

Attachments

• q-39-fw.jpg
    q-39-fw.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 52
After a couple of years working with Body Glove and watching how Robbie was growing the line faster than ever..... but we had different ideas for Force Fin. So we all worked out a fair deal for Susanne and I to purchase back the Force Fin line. Here is some of the inventory we also purchased at our 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara office. We then move back to into our old space after living in Rick William trailer in the back of the building. John Iwerks moved out to gave us our spot back. We were ready to roll.

When did that happen?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom