Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found the contact sheet from the pool photo shoot with John Hodges. We had a local Santa Barbara Hotel we could kind of slip into. We came in with white towels and swim suits on..but we got bused one day. These photographs helped with the Patent Drawings.

:D That's a good one ! :D

Billy Meistrell Jr. and I traveled the USA attending many Trade shows...one was in Flordia, so we had some Under Water Springs fun...Robbie Meistrell was back home building up Dive N Surf and Body Glove. I had just met Susanne Chess and her son Alex Gagnon and we were thinking about moving to Hermosa Beach to start our own PolyUrethane plant. Body Glove owned a nice commerical spot right off Pier Ave. I grew up in Hermosa, and my parents lived right down the street.

Attachments

• billy-flordia.jpg
    billy-flordia.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 90
  • hh-27-fw.jpg
    hh-27-fw.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
  • uu-23.jpg
    uu-23.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
I met Dr. Harvey Barnett at Body Glove. Dr. Barnett is the founder of Infant Swimming Resource. Harvey fell in love with Force Fins and did several test using machines to record Co2 and other stuff. All I remember was Force Fin was far superior to other model of fins...Here you can see Dr. Barnett in his own words. and if you like to order a American Made Force Fin here you go Force Fin

Attachments

• Harvey-Barnett.jpg
    Harvey-Barnett.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 76

Attachments

• heather-thomas.jpg
    heather-thomas.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 80
We were having production problems with several contract manufactors and Force Fin was growing..so the Meistrell family funded a PolyUrethane production plant in their Hermosa Beach, California, shop. Susanne move down with her Son Alex and we found a nice home in Redondo Beach. Every thing was close. Dive N' Surf was just a 10 minute bike ride and the plant was another 15 minutes. Here you see Billy Jr. on the left viewing Ivo and his Kimo Machine. This was a test production for his equipment. The wood racks for Force Fins were made by Mira Costa High School students....and my former wood shop teacher. Later Body Glove purchased a custom made machine. At one point we were making over 400 Force Fin parts per day. Martin came the best operator and I worked the production line and machine....How Bob Evans Revolutionized the Dive Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• hh-28.jpg
    hh-28.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 82
  • u-82.jpg
    u-82.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 74
Sizing up Jenna Meistrell and dad looking on, Billy Meistrell Jr. Anacapa Trailer work shop, Santa Barbara, California. Once we had one one size we need to make 8 sizes. 1982.

Attachments

• hh-10-fw.jpg
    hh-10-fw.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 65
  • hh-14-fw.jpg
    hh-14-fw.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 66
Will get into the Winglet story months from now..but in the mean time Ok, found some Force Fin Whiskers in my office, black and only 8 sets left. Not sure about future production, but Whiskers have been out of production for over 10 years now. So first come first serve at a special price if you order the Extra Force/ Excellerating Force Fin..EXCELLERATING FORCE FIN – Force Fin

Attachments

• ff-32.jpg-fw.jpg
    ff-32.jpg-fw.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 71
Try to not KICK forward to much..but thinking about Force Fin Whiskers..., but OPS with 360 rotate twin blades.The Force Fin Future. I feel proud tonight for our USA Plant. OPEN. Force Fin

Attachments

• ff-50.jpg
    ff-50.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ff-49.jpg
    ff-49.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 67
Nice picture of Tan Delta Extra Force Fins. I don't think anything will ever approach the "snap" and performance of the Tan Delta material (only exceeded by the original Hockey Fin material).

FF Urethane better than Plastic/Rubber - Tan Delta better than Urethane - Hockey, the best.

Finally can do more than scan images to post to Scuba Board..but more will follow. A dream come true with unlimited supply of shoe sole material, not recycle, but reuse..more to follow. Susanne and I with The BerryMan/Oxnard helped reduce around 200,000 LBS of Co2 (0ne year) ..worked till we ran out of Pods...hot .. podded 20 trucks and going back tomorrow https://aerohance.com/b2b-celebrate-sustainable-production…/ I felt like I was in Heaven..doing some thing with Susanne Chess to help all of us..you can do the same if you lile..https://aerohance.com/shop/

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom