Force E cancelled BHB night dive...what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that long of a swim. Well inside the bouys. 10-15 min via snorkel, but well worth it. The week before last we limited on bugs on the way before we even made it there. As long as beach conditions are good, its much better than the BHB IMO. Just a great reef, though parking is limited.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. I've always thought the BHB overrated any way. There are some great reefs that are much better dives. Have you been to 6th Ave in Pompano?

Would that be due to the abundance of sand, shallow depth (12ft), tremendous boat traffic, frequent bacterial health warnings along with parking situated in the middle of the hood? Sorry, it's my bi-annual rant on the subject.

I LOVE the Pompano dropoff. Today we're having 5' surf and low viz, with similar conditions predicted through the entire week After entry, the surge will make you feel like you're in a washing machine. Any critter with sense is either hidden in the reef structure or snuck off to deeper waters.

BHB anyone?

Not that long of a swim. Well inside the bouys. 10-15 min via snorkel, but well worth it. The week before last we limited on bugs on the way before we even made it there. As long as beach conditions are good, its much better than the BHB IMO. Just a great reef, though parking is limited.

It's long enough for me( to the actual dropoff anyway). I scoot behind a Dive Xtras Sierra and its 15 minutes on the trigger to hit the dropoff, in 1st gear. Always worth it though.

And yes, it is MUCH better than the BHB.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom